What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

The HUAC was the McCarthy commie witchunt one in the 50s, right?

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2022, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2022, 11:05:56 AMAnd that guy is supposed to be a pastor?

televangelist

Of the "The Lawd wishes for me to enjoy a private jet" variety?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2022, 11:22:02 AMThe HUAC was the McCarthy commie witchunt one in the 50s, right?

The one and the same.  But as bad as HUAC was it didn't carry out mass executions.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

QuoteMarquardt, the commissioner, laughed Monday at the suggestion that a court might intervene in the election dispute.

"And so then what? They're going to send us to the pokey?" she said.

Use of official authority to interfere with an election for federal office (including a primary) is a federal criminal offense punishable by up to a year in prison.  So yes that is available, Ms. Dime Store Peter Navarro.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

It is available, but will it be used?

Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2022, 11:24:39 AMOf the "The Lawd wishes for me to enjoy a private jet" variety?

Maybe aspirationally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIGBCcfKZg

At 55 second mark you can see his set up.

grumbler

That's a cute picture in the AP story on the recalcitrant county commissioners

Stop Hating each Other!  Prosecute Fauci!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Some pretty amusing testimony from the Jan 6 committee.

-Trump was unconcerned the protestors had weapons.  "well they're not here to hurt me", an dordered the weapons detectors removed
-he wanted to go march on the Capitol, and lunged at his Secret Service bodyguard and tried to grab the steering wheel when they wouldn't take him
-he threw his lunch at the wall when AG Barr refused to say the election was disputed
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

So, Jan 6 was *this* close to becoming a "Ride on Washington".

QuoteTrump tried to grab steering wheel to go to U.S. Capitol Jan 6 -witness

WASHINGTON, June 28 (Reuters) - An angry Donald Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of the Secret Service limousine when the then-president was told he would not be joining supporters moving on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a former aide testified on Tuesday.

Speaking to the House of Representatives committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack, former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson described Trump's actions after he finished a speech at the Ellipse outside the White House where he exhorted supporters to march on the Capitol.

Trump wanted to join the protesters at the seat of government, where lawmakers were meeting to certify Democrat Joe Biden's victory over the Republican Trump in the 2020 election, she said.

"I'm the effing president, take me up to the Capitol now," Hutchinson quoted Trump as saying to Secret Service agents.

When he got into the limo, nicknamed "the Beast," he was told they would not be going to the Capitol.

A Secret Service agent had to physically restrain Trump who, sitting in the back seat, used his free hand to lunge toward the neck of Secret Service agent Robert Engel, Hutchinson testified.

"Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge toward Bobby Engel," she testified.

Trump denied her account in a social media post. He said he never tried to grab the steering wheel.

"Her Fake story that I tried to grab the steering wheel of the White House Limousine in order to steer it to the Capitol Building is 'sick' and fraudulent," he wrote on his Truth Social account.

He also denied Hutchinson's testimony that he threw food and plates at the White House on several occasions.

Edit: BB'ed.

The Brain

The POTUS can be ordered around by the Secret Service and moved against his will?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2022, 04:03:41 PMThe POTUS can be ordered around by the Secret Service and moved against his will?
I've seen that circulating on the right on Twitter already. They've found the real insurrection :o
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2022, 04:03:41 PMThe POTUS can be ordered around by the Secret Service and moved against his will?

Seems like the deep state conspiracies weren't totally nuts.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014