News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Good day on the links today.  Walked 18, didn't feel tired at all.  Sore feet though.  Played OK, 93, hardly any cheating.  I caught up with two dudes at a tee box and one dude said I could play through or join up, so joined up.  Pleasant guys.  Not a "natural" age pairing for two guys (18ish and 35ish) so I guessed sugar daddy and sugar baby.

mongers

Planning a few trips out in Wales next weekend and week, but three days of still threatened national rail strikes has put the kibosh on that. :grr:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Randomly came across a Ferrari 488(?) yesterday.

Since it's open top, I think it should be a 488 Spider.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I just saw Ralphe Fiennes in a strange place. Getting on the Elizabeth line in my neighborhood.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

So I'm golfing, and a see a turtle making its way across the course.  A little context.  Last year I saw a much larger turtle moving very slowly across the course.  There are a couple man made ponds on the course and it seemed to be heading from one to another.  A day or two later I saw that turtle dead, about halfway between one pond and another.  I wonder why the turtles make the walk.  Is there something bad about that one pond?  It would have been awesome if both turtles could tell me where they wanted to go.  I would have been happy to give them a lift.

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on June 02, 2022, 02:53:45 PMGot to mcdonald's for hangover prevention to find though it's 24 hour only the drive through is 24 hour.
Same ex con guy from earlier had found his way there and was arguing at the drive in booth about getting served despite not having a car. So I just went home. I was :hung over.
Went to a farm-zoo thing today and puked via a mix of the hang over and motion sickness on the way.

Just saw this. In my younger days walking up to the drive-in booth after a Saturday night was standard. I wonder if they would care nowadays.

Also, for hangover prevention, drink a lot of water. :P

Admiral Yi

I tried that once at a drive through and they said they can't for liability reasons.

Syt

Seen in a shop window on Ringstraße boulevard this morning:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Glorious day on the links today.  Excellent weather, walked 9 holes in the early afternoon and shot a respectable 10 over.  Then I subbed in for the Thursday golf league and shot a blistering 6 over.  I've been playing like pure shyte for the last few weeks so doubly enjoyable.

Admiral Yi

Got my second lifetime eagle today. :)

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2022, 12:57:38 AMGot my second lifetime eagle today. :)

:cool:

That's a lot of effort to hit a ball that far.

Admiral Yi

It's a very short hole.

Syt

There's not many functional phone booths in Vienna any more, but one of the more interesting ones is around the corner from me, looking like something from a post-human/post-apocalyptic future:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2022, 03:44:23 AMThere's not many functional phone booths in Vienna any more, but one of the more interesting ones is around the corner from me, looking like something from a post-human/post-apocalyptic future:

Does it smell as bad as the ones in the Viennese metro around, say, 2012?  :P

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2022, 06:43:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2022, 03:44:23 AMThere's not many functional phone booths in Vienna any more, but one of the more interesting ones is around the corner from me, looking like something from a post-human/post-apocalyptic future:

Does it smell as bad as the ones in the Viennese metro around, say, 2012?  :P

Duque, I think the green stain running out of the booth tells us all we need to know. :P