And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Bad Batch season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JX5OW8cOec&ab_channel=StarWars

The wookie youngling survived! (Yes, they are starting to have a "way too many Jedi survived" issue)

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2022, 08:25:51 PMI wonder if in 20 years the sequel trilogy will become beloved. :hmm:

I grew up with the original trilogy, and they are beloved to me.

My kids grew up with the originals and prequels, and rate them all about equally good I think.

I think the better question is - in 20 years will the sequel trilogy be welcomed back in the fold.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Watched second episode of Kenobi.  The two cent thug summed up the episode well - "I can't believe you fell for it"

Yeah, exactly!  And by the way once Vader finds out that there is a connection with Kenobi, how does he not put two and two together?

This is what happens when you use the Prequels as source material.

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 30, 2022, 06:17:44 PMThis is what happens when you use the Prequels Star Wars as source material.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

It's a problem anytime you start composing a story in the middle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 30, 2022, 06:17:44 PMYeah, exactly!  And by the way once Vader finds out that there is a connection with Kenobi, how does he not put two and two together?
Vader only appears at the end of the episode in a bacta tank.

The only one who saw Kenobi is the 3rd Sister, a glimpse of him.  Everyone else is dead. 

He'll make the connection, he'll investigate for sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 31, 2022, 03:03:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 30, 2022, 06:17:44 PMYeah, exactly!  And by the way once Vader finds out that there is a connection with Kenobi, how does he not put two and two together?

The only one who saw Kenobi is the 3rd Sister, a glimpse of him.  Everyone else is dead. 

The third sister made the connection between Kenobi and Leah and Kenobi bit on it.  The third sister knows Kenobi was there.  Her intention was to take Kenobi to Vader.

crazy canuck

The actor playing the third sister is being attacked by vile online racist scum.

celedhring

Third episode of Kenobi is sadly a clusterfuck.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 31, 2022, 04:00:36 PM

The third sister made the connection between Kenobi and Leah and Kenobi bit on it.  The third sister knows Kenobi was there.  Her intention was to take Kenobi to Vader.

Vader did not order the 3rd sister to kidnap Leia to get to Kenobi.  Vader would not be the kind to kidnap a child to get to Kenobi, and the Senator would not act, at this point in time, overtly against the Senate, unless they both knew for sure the Organa were still in contact with Kenobi.

If that was the case, Vader would go there with his 501st, arrest Organa, torture them both for the location of Kenobi.

The 3rd Sister acted independently to gain favor from Vader.  That's often how Sith works.  Vader just generally prefers brute force.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 31, 2022, 11:19:12 PMThe actor playing the third sister is being attacked by vile online racist scum.
Why?  I thought she was very good in her role.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2022, 09:50:43 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 31, 2022, 04:00:36 PM

Vader did not order the 3rd sister to kidnap Leia to get to Kenobi.  Vader would not be the kind to kidnap a child to get to Kenobi, and the Senator would not act, at this point in time, overtly against the Senate, unless they both knew for sure the Organa were still in contact with Kenobi.

If that was the case, Vader would go there with his 501st, arrest Organa, torture them both for the location of Kenobi.

The 3rd Sister acted independently to gain favor from Vader.  That's often how Sith works.  Vader just generally prefers brute force.

I think he might be missing the point that if the third sister can make the connection why can't Vader. Also you're missing the point that the third sister is highly motivated to please theatre so why wouldn't she telling him.

You really have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to make this plotline work at all.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2022, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 31, 2022, 11:19:12 PMThe actor playing the third sister is being attacked by vile online racist scum.

The fact that they are racist scum might just be the explanation

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2022, 09:51:06 AM

Wrong skin colour AND gender, I assume.