News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2021, 09:07:07 AM
Why is it, no matter how many battles your general has won, "he died too soon, having accomplished little of note"?  :hmm:

War.  What it is good for?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

You're only as good as your next battle.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 24, 2021, 10:15:47 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2021, 09:07:07 AM
Why is it, no matter how many battles your general has won, "he died too soon, having accomplished little of note"?  :hmm:

War.  What it is good for?

Painting the map with your color.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

With the mechanics in place now - not really.  If you are outstripping your ability to make states there is really no point to painting the map.

Eddie Teach

Put them in your trade companies?

I'm sure it's been asked before, but which dlcs do people recommend?

crazy canuck

The dlcs you get depends a lot on what starting countries you want to play - a lot of dlcs each focus on specific areas.

There are a few general mechanics in each though so I got them all on sales.

Eddie Teach

I suppose I should assume any time I declare on an HRE member, I'll have to fight the emperor's alliance, regardless what the war screen says. Blech.

crazy canuck

One of the things to look for is whether the emperor is already in separate war at the time you declare.

Eddie Teach

Btw, anyone know if it's worthwhile giving monopolies to the estates?

crazy canuck

It can be if you need a lot of cash right away.

Eddie Teach

Right, but does it cost you in the long run?

crazy canuck

It depends how n how many provinces you have producing other valuable goods.  If the short term boost gives you the means to acquire those then it's worthwhile.  I think it is very situational.

Zanza

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 17, 2022, 04:17:06 PMBtw, anyone know if it's worthwhile giving monopolies to the estates?
There are typically better estate privileges. Try to get all estates above 50% residual loyalty. That allows you to increase crownland regularly.

Zanza

Next DLC "Lion of the North" will be released on Sept 13th. Basically missions and other content for Baltic countries. As it has new content for Lübeck, I will of course buy it on release day.

OttoVonBismarck

I've been on a renewed EUIV kick the last few months, and the Baltic region is one where the play has been lackluster so I bought the DLC, will be interested to see if it makes things like Novgorod or Teutons interesting to play.