News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on November 12, 2021, 06:24:52 PM
Not sure if it would be fun, but Minsky's idea allows for something like the string of...interesting generals the Union had in the East during the Civil War.  Of course, the only way to overcome that would be huge grand divisions to chew up the confederates in battle after battle - but people would cry out "gaming the system" in that case.

:lol:

:mad:

Zanza

A developer version has apparently been pirated by a beta tester. Mixed reactions supposedly.
I hope this does not impact sales figures and they don't bin this like Imperator ...

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on April 18, 2022, 05:41:59 AMA developer version has apparently been pirated by a beta tester. Mixed reactions supposedly.
I hope this does not impact sales figures and they don't bin this like Imperator ...

Zero interest in playing it (once upon a time I'd be right on that) but where did you read this? Curious to see people's reactions.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Browsing the 4chan thread seems as useless as I expected. Genuine issue reports (like Hungarians migrating en-masse to North Africa) seem like standard early beta stuff, rest is just people not understanding how the game is supposed to work (like calling it broken because you don't control the military).

DGuller

Did the catch the asshole beta tester who leaked it?

Zanza

Quote from: Josquius on April 18, 2022, 07:33:22 AM
Quote from: Zanza on April 18, 2022, 05:41:59 AMA developer version has apparently been pirated by a beta tester. Mixed reactions supposedly.

Zero interest in playing it (once upon a time I'd be right on that) but where did you read this? Curious to see people's reactions.
I
Saw it in the Victoria 3 subreddit.

The Minsky Moment

The AAR on the discord seemed promising.  Obvious balancing and scripting problems still as a key event was the UK government falling to a revolution over the size of the franchise, resulting in the deposition of the Queen.  But the political side seems to be more developed than Vic2 - the player had to struggle against landowner resistance to push through military reforms
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 18, 2022, 10:38:59 AMDid the catch the asshole beta tester who leaked it?
I hope so.  I fucking hate when this happens.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Everything I've seen so far regarding politics looks good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

This could prove to be the greatest Paradox game of all time :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I have just had a look at the official forums for quite a while and apparently the release date will be announced on Tuesday.

I am hoping its no later than early October.

Habbaku

I'm predicting early November.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

After seeing what they have not done with ck3, I'm sleep on this one for a bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I remember early Victoria 2 (or was it Victoria 1...or both?) was pretty ridiculous with India turning British within 50 years and such weirdness. So wise to wait.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Such Raj! Much ridiculous!

More interesting is if you can keep China British.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.