News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

What kills the game for me is its just so slow to load anyrhing. Can't really just drop in and out for a quick game.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I was really looking forward to leading the forces of the empire o  my griffon against the forces of chaos and then I got the first game and I had to spend countless boring hours slowly conquering my own Empire for no reason at all. It was such a slog and so boring I eventually just stopped playing and never had a desire to go back. I hope the sequels were less lame.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

For me what kills is what kills it for most TW games: when it reaches the stage that I need two full stack armies for each battle. NO WAY I am microing all those reinforcements arriving later in the battle across the whole map while fighting the battle in the middle. Just no. So I autoresolve. Which is boring.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2022, 04:54:35 PM
I was really looking forward to leading the forces of the empire o  my griffon against the forces of chaos and then I got the first game and I had to spend countless boring hours slowly conquering my own Empire for no reason at all. It was such a slog and so boring I eventually just stopped playing and never had a desire to go back. I hope the sequels were less lame.

There's more of a EU3-lite HRE mechanic to it these days.

https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Authority
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on January 25, 2022, 04:56:32 PM
For me what kills is what kills it for most TW games: when it reaches the stage that I need two full stack armies for each battle. NO WAY I am microing all those reinforcements arriving later in the battle across the whole map while fighting the battle in the middle. Just no. So I autoresolve. Which is boring.

Get Lightning Strike on your lords and you can have one on one battles every time!

The Brain

With TW games I typically have a good time until it gets silly/grindy, and then I just start a new campaign.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Yeah, the end-game is pretty dull. The mid-game isn't that great either, IMO. But the early games can be pretty fun.

I find the controls pretty annoying though, so honestly I'll probably give TW:WIII a miss.

Solmyr

Preloading this now (you can also preload on Gamepass if you want). :cool:

Solmyr

TWW3 is getting Immortal Empires in August, aka large world map with every faction on it. Lots of good stuff here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/intro-to-immortal-empires/

Syt

The map for Wahrammer III's Immortal Empires Campaign has been revealed (which will let you play as the Empires from I & II, provided you have them):

Full size: https://content.totalwar.com/total-war/com.totalwar.www2019/uploads/2022/06/17110402/wh3_dlc_ie_parchment_map_english.jpg

For comparison, the current map:

So it seems significantly larger.

Video preview:

TW:W2 is one of those games I'd really like to play, but then also know that it would possibly cost me hundreds of hours to play only a few races. :D

I did click through the factions just now. The voice of Morathi (Cult of Pleasure) seemed familiar, so I looked it up. It's the same voice as the female Sith Warrior in Star Wars: The Old Republic, the only main story campaign I finished twice. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Rough comparison old vs. new map.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I really should get back to number 2 sometime. Though the load times are off putting.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2022, 05:21:33 AMWahrammer

Just noticed this typo, and I think I like it better than the correct spelling. Wah-Rammer sounds like an Orc battering ram. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Or Dietrich Wahrammer, Imperial artillerist? :P

Jacob

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2022, 03:29:21 AMOr Dietrich Wahrammer, Imperial artillerist? :P

Who doesn't enjoy ramming a good Wah every now and then?