News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on November 07, 2020, 03:31:13 PM
Do you think that something from the Mueller Report will be able to be used against him?

Used "against him" in the Truth and Reconciliation sense?  Yes.  As the basis for criminal charges, no.

I think that we will see the evidence that has not been produced yet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 02:38:36 PM
Don't agree on foreign policy - I think arguably China policy is Trump's only real success that will endure.
China policy was a disaster.  Farmers only live with government grants now, instead of exporting their products.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: viper37 on November 07, 2020, 04:51:30 PM
China policy was a disaster.  Farmers only live with government grants now, instead of exporting their products.
Fine. It's not a million miles away from that in Australia because China's imposed huge tariffs on certain agricultural products that are heavily exported to China. That isn't because Australia's started a trade war, it's because Australia won't row in behind Chinese political goals.

We may have to subsidise a lot more than farmers to preserve autonomy, but that's worth it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2020, 03:26:49 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 07, 2020, 03:03:11 PM
The biggest dilemma he'll have to face is if he will really want to investigate and/or prosecute Trump. I'm pretty sure that if a serious investigation takes place enough shit will be found to warrant a proper trial against him. On the one hand it might set up the terrible precedent of a president investigating his predecessor, which might create plenty of bad blood for future elections, but on the other hand doing nothing basically condones doing all kinds of corrupt stuff during a presidency. If I had to bet I'd say he might investigate but won't really prosecute him.

I think that a "truth and reconciliation" approach is more Biden's style and better for the country.   The excesses need to go on the record, but a trial would be counter-productive.

New York state charges, though, are likely.  As is DJT's bankruptcy.

I would happily forgo the pleasure of seeing Trump jailed if it meant that we could heal the rifts in our society.  I don't want to see anymore street fights between protesters.  I want everyone to take it down a notch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

First thing he needs to do is do something about the pandemic. 

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2020, 07:09:52 PM
Hope that vaccine is ready soon.

Trump has it in his back pocket, but since people rejected him he's not going to play ball and will leave the game with still in his possession.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

This thread is not going to sustain Languish like the previous one. :(

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on November 07, 2020, 08:07:49 PM

It'll be kinda cool to not have to bother about the US president from one week to the next.

I can just safely assume he's trying to do an good, honest job.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

I think we might end up with a lot of  :pinch: from Biden's gaffe's and senility.  Maybe some discussion of Article 25.  Maybe discussion of resigning.

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2020, 08:27:22 PM

I think we might end up with a lot of  :pinch: from Biden's gaffe's and senility.  Maybe some discussion of Article 25.  Maybe discussion of resigning.

That's encouraging. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2020, 08:27:22 PM

Jesus dude. That got dark.

What do you think of his speech?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

One slightly thrilling aspect of a Biden Presidency: a leader who will simply read their speech off a teleprompter.

Never thought I'd miss it so much.

Edit: Also a politician talking about "action plans" and being able to take some hope from the fact that there are actually plans, not just large binders filled with blank sheets of paper propped on a table next to the President.

Edit: And when he quoted from "On Eagle's Wings" I had an alarming moment of recognition. I am 90% sure my nan had a CD with Daniel O'Donnell  doing that song. As someone said on Twitter: Irish Catholic cringe is the next President  :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!