News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Jets lose to the Golden Knights.

After winning the first game, they then lose 4 straight.

Last night it was a 4-1 loss that hardly looked like the Jets were trying.

Post-game presser coach Bowness was spicey saying how disgusted he was at his team's efforts.  That's not typical language for Bones.

Could be an interesting off-season.  Wheeler, Schiefele, PLD and Hellebuyck all UFAs after next season.  So if you think they won't re-sign, or you don't want to re-sign them, the time to trade them is now.  But then you're in re-build mode.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2023, 09:34:59 AMJets lose to the Golden Knights.

Post-game presser coach Bowness was spicey saying how disgusted he was at his team's efforts.  That's not typical language for Bones.

Could be an interesting off-season.  Wheeler, Schiefele, PLD and Hellebuyck all UFAs after next season.  So if you think they won't re-sign, or you don't want to re-sign them, the time to trade them is now.  But then you're in re-build mode.
On radio they said lots of rumor are sending Pier-Luc Dubois to the Habs over the summer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2023, 09:34:59 AMJets lose to the Golden Knights.

Well look on the bright side: You didn't go up 3-1 and then lose three straight like the Caps have done five times.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 28, 2023, 04:25:09 PMOn radio they said lots of rumor are sending Pier-Luc Dubois to the Habs over the summer.

It's very clear that's exactly what PLD wants.

Jets aren't exactly going to give him away for free though.

I do think he has to go though.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2023, 10:04:35 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 28, 2023, 04:25:09 PMOn radio they said lots of rumor are sending Pier-Luc Dubois to the Habs over the summer.

I've read a few articles about it yesterday, they talked about some prospects the Canadiens would trade to the Jets for compensation and a 9M$/year contract for Dubois.

It's all a lot of rumors.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2023, 11:55:50 AM

I've read a few articles about it yesterday, they talked about some prospects the Canadiens would trade to the Jets for compensation and a 9M$/year contract for Dubois.

Let me guess - it's a bunch of crap that Habs fans think they can foist off on the Jets.

Even if PLD is 100% set on going to Montreal, the Jets can still trade him as a one year rental in the offseason.

HVC

Leafs make it through to round 2 for first time in 19 years. Lucky in game 6. Even play for 2 periods but lightning controlled the third period and all but the last minute of OT.

Go leafs.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2023, 09:04:56 PMLeafs make it through to round 2 for first time in 19 years. Lucky in game 6. Even play for 2 periods but lightning controlled the third period and all but the last minute of OT.

Go leafs.

I was watching the TFC game but caught the overtime on the GO Train.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on April 29, 2023, 09:16:35 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2023, 09:04:56 PMLeafs make it through to round 2 for first time in 19 years. Lucky in game 6. Even play for 2 periods but lightning controlled the third period and all but the last minute of OT.

Go leafs.

I was watching the TFC game but caught the overtime on the GO Train.

I see that they won. Good day for Toronto.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Amazing. The Lightning have lost.

Thank you Leafs. It will be nice not to have a Stanley Cup Finals without those turds for once this decade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2023, 12:38:44 PM

Let me guess - it's a bunch of crap that Habs fans think they can foist off on the Jets.

Even if PLD is 100% set on going to Montreal, the Jets can still trade him as a one year rental in the offseason.

Don't know why the Habs would trade for PLD right now. He's coming and next year they have a glut of 2nd/3rd line centers to go through first before the 2024 summer to find a real #1 goaltender.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2023, 12:38:44 PMLet me guess - it's a bunch of crap that Habs fans think they can foist off on the Jets.

Knowing Montreal's sports jourmalists, they are highly valuable assets that would rival with the likes of Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid in their rookie year, if only drafters would recognize their full potential and not put them on the 234th position :P

I believe the rules are clear, they have to be 1st and 2nd round picks, it's based on his salary.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 30, 2023, 10:13:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2023, 12:38:44 PM

Don't know why the Habs would trade for PLD right now. He's coming and next year they have a glut of 2nd/3rd line centers to go through first before the 2024 summer to find a real #1 goaltender.
He is a free agent with compensation.  Any team must offer money + draft round picks.
https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/10/05/restricted-free-agent-rfa-nhl-offer-sheet-faq-tlh

Again these are all rumours.

Grey Fox

Yes and he'll be UFA for the 2024-25 season.

The Habs have no need for him for the 2023-24 season and barely any after that.

I'm not high on him at all. His only positive is that he's from here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 30, 2023, 10:34:09 AMYes and he'll be UFA for the 2024-25 season.

The Habs have no need for him for the 2023-24 season and barely any after that.

What the Habs need and what the journalists want are two things.  Reading Le Journal de MontrĂ©al this week-end, there were at least 3 text about him.  At least another 2 in La Presse.

I am no way suggesting the Habs should try to get him this year or the next, I know nothing about hockey lately, I haven't watched a game in 2 years.  I'm just reporting what I read. :)

QuoteI'm not high on him at all. His only positive is that he's from here.
Things worked out well with Jonhatan Drouin.  Oh wait...