2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2024, 02:53:40 PMI have heard several Muslims interviewed on NPR say that they will do the same in the general election if their demands are not met.  That is not low stakes.  That is not benign.

that's what they do on every issue: always with threats, veiled or otherwise.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PJL on March 04, 2024, 11:32:43 AMSo much for state's right then eh? Of course that only applies if it suits their agenda.

The US Constitution explicitly places federal elections under federal jurisdiction.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on March 04, 2024, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 04, 2024, 02:48:19 PMI'm still on the fence.

Do I lobby the Bloc Québécois for a wall, or do I support an underground railroad? :hmm:

The rot will reach Canada if it hasn't already.
I think it has, unfortunately. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Unanimous decision from the USSC - Trump back on the ballet.

Jacob

Yeah... and even if the rot didn't reach Canada, the US is still our neighbour and is massively important to us. If the US acts rotten, we will feel it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2024, 04:18:58 PMUnanimous decision from the USSC - Trump back on the ballet.
What about States' rights? :)  Surely the GOP would oppose such unlawful intrusion into State power by a Federal authority? :sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on March 04, 2024, 04:20:52 PMYeah... and even if the rot didn't reach Canada, the US is still our neighbour and is massively important to us. If the US acts rotten, we will feel it.

It's here. You've seen it with all those Truckers quoting the US Constitution for their defense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on March 04, 2024, 05:54:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2024, 04:18:58 PMUnanimous decision from the USSC - Trump back on the ballet.
What about States' rights? :)  Surely the GOP would oppose such unlawful intrusion into State power by a Federal authority? :sleep:

In this particular case the states were doing it using the Federal Constitution I think. If they were kicking off the ballot using a state constitution I don't know if the USSC would have jurisdiction but I will leave that up to the law talkers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

So if next the USSC rules that the President has absolute immunity while in office, can Biden then send SEAL Team Six to kill the justices he doesn't like?

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on March 05, 2024, 01:53:27 AMSo if next the USSC rules that the President has absolute immunity while in office, can Biden then send SEAL Team Six to kill the justices he doesn't like?

Who's being naive, Kay?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

The Globe and Mail is reporting that American evangelicals are flocking to Trump in even greater numbers.  The criminal prosecutions are being characterized as the work of the Devil and a signifier of the end times.