News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

It's been bad the last while - super hot and very little rain.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2011, 01:35:42 PM
gonna hit 46 on thursday (37 witout the humidity)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2011, 01:37:08 PM

Gahhh.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2011, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2011, 01:37:08 PM

Gahhh.  :(
gonna be in the mid to low 30's all week (without humidity). Canada is cold my ass.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

My AC is on full blown. It was actually cold at work today.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

We're in the middle of a severe heat warning right now.  I've never heard of a severe heat warning before.

Barrister

And it's a perfect +15 in Whitehorse today.  I just checked.   :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Spent a few hours today checking on old people for my wife's church. Hell is a old person's home filled with box fans and sitting on their plastic covered couch while Gunsmoke plays at high volume on their ancient 1979 Zenith wood cabinet TV.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

We got 0.67" of rain yesterday, we average 0.72" in the entire month of July.

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 18, 2011, 03:33:30 PM
We're in the middle of a severe heat warning right now.  I've never heard of a severe heat warning before.
We had that last week. We're down to excessive now.

jimmy olsen

The level of irrigation is crazy in this country, the river needs about 2cm of rain a day to keep steady at this time of year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

This is bullshit.

It downpoured a little while ago,  now it looks like a really bad Vietnam movie.  All steamy and stupid and shit.

This is bullshit.

mongers

It's mid July and I'm having to keep the windows closed to keep out the cold.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

This sucks.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110721/toronto-hottest-day-heat-alert-110721/20110721/?hub=TorontoNewHome

QuoteThe hottest day of Toronto's ongoing heat wave was already breaking records Thursday morning, as an imposing heat dome forced morning temperatures to their highest mark in more than 170 years.

It is goddam hot.  :(

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2011, 06:49:01 PM
This is bullshit.

It downpoured a little while ago,  now it looks like a really bad Vietnam movie.  All steamy and stupid and shit.

This is bullshit.

I don't think even Vietnam got this hot. 

Thankfully I figured out how to charge the refrigerant in my car yesterday.  My AC had been getting flaky & finally stopped.  I got the stuff with stop-leak & I have an extra can at the ready in case I have to do it again...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall