News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Why would Hungary release its internal government stuff in English?
Yuman

Neil

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 09, 2011, 06:43:48 PM
Why would Hungary release its internal government stuff in English?
Because investors speak English, and Hungary is utterly dependent on foreign cash.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JonasSalk

I figured it was something like that, or some sort of EU requirement.
Yuman

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2011, 06:30:45 PM
QuoteAnd at various places the draft contains stuff like "protection of the Hungarian language" "importance of sports" and "avoidance of foreign words"

Your country is like Europe's Turkmenistan. I hope you get kicked out of the EU. :D
You can't get kicked out of the EU, or else it would already have happened.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on March 09, 2011, 08:48:21 PM
QuoteAnd at various places the draft contains stuff like "protection of the Hungarian language" "importance of sports" and "avoidance of foreign words"

Your country is like Europe's Turkmenistan. I hope you get kicked out of the EU. :D

You can under Lisbon.

JonasSalk

What do you have to do to get kicked out?  Genocide?
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 10, 2011, 02:39:42 AM

Elect the "wrong" political party.

As for the topic, I don't see the problem with legislating what is in essence a moral and good position. We should not be afraid of morality legislation as long as we aren't satanists and criminals.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Slargos on March 10, 2011, 02:55:10 AM
Quote from: JonasSalk on March 10, 2011, 02:39:42 AM

Elect the "wrong" political party.

Jobbik?
Yuman

Slargos

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2011, 02:32:38 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 09, 2011, 08:48:21 PM

You can under Lisbon.
What's the mechanism then?

Josquius

That sounds more :frog: to me.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

It's just fucking priceless, when -as part of his speech to a huge crowd on our national holiday about the start of our 1848 extravaganza- the Prime Minister, curent leader of the EU, draws a connection between the Vienna of 1848 times, Moscow of Soviet fame, and Brussels of present.

Tamas

Oh and other people seem to have heard what I did but could not believe: the PM said (IIRC after dissing the EU as an oppressive organization that "they (not-defined foreigners who "disrespect" us) should give us respect, because nazism and communism was not invented by Hungarians!"

Can you figure out, which country he meant? :P

If he wasnt my country's PM, I would find this awesomely funny.

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2011, 10:32:15 AM
It's just fucking priceless, when -as part of his speech to a huge crowd on our national holiday about the start of our 1848 extravaganza- the Prime Minister, curent leader of the EU, draws a connection between the Vienna of 1848 times, Moscow of Soviet fame, and Brussels of present.
Calling the Hungarian Prime Minister the leader of the EU is overstating matters just a bit, don't you think?  Even if he holds the presidency, no one would ever follow him.

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on March 16, 2011, 08:15:08 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2011, 10:32:15 AM
Calling the Hungarian Prime Minister the leader of the EU is overstating matters just a bit, don't you think?  Even if he holds the presidency, no one would ever follow him.

But nominally he does hold the presidency.

This is the same as if Languish admins would be happily trolling away random shit in the threads.

Oh wait...