Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I never said you were wrong. Why aren't you quoting me giving me credit? Oh I see how it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2022, 12:19:38 PMI never said you were wrong. Why aren't you quoting me giving me credit? Oh I see how it is.

But you did dog me out.  :cry:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

Quote from: alfred russel on July 26, 2022, 11:37:54 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 26, 2022, 11:28:29 AMYou've posted a thousand times, digging up old posts and calling out folks "see!!! I was right!!! Every one can see I was right!!! Just admit I was right guys!!!".

It's funny watching you trying to cope with the fact you were in fact, wrong. I know you'll never admit it though, but the squirming is entertaining.  :showoff:

What was I wrong about?

Absolutely nothing. You're a king. Never forget it.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on July 26, 2022, 01:00:22 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 26, 2022, 11:37:54 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 26, 2022, 11:28:29 AMYou've posted a thousand times, digging up old posts and calling out folks "see!!! I was right!!! Every one can see I was right!!! Just admit I was right guys!!!".

It's funny watching you trying to cope with the fact you were in fact, wrong. I know you'll never admit it though, but the squirming is entertaining.  :showoff:

What was I wrong about?

Absolutely nothing. You're a king. Never forget it.

I've probably posted a hundred times in this thread, and you dig up a single post from over 2 years ago to prove I was wrong, but it does no such thing. And when confronted with that you just act sarcastic and condescending.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Zoupa

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on July 26, 2022, 01:58:53 PM:yeah:

Hard to believe someone who smoked cigarettes while working in public health could be sanctimonious about someone wanting to pursue outdoor recreation during the early stages of the pandemic. Maybe someday covid will surpass the deaths caused by smoking, but we are a long long way from that.

Zoupa

Non sequitur and ad hominem?

I feel special.  :blush:

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on July 27, 2022, 11:48:16 AMNon sequitur and ad hominem?

You should be, took him a day to come up with it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

I don't know if you've quit, but weren't you a smoker and didn't you work as a pharmacist?

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on July 27, 2022, 11:55:48 AM

You should be, took him a day to come up with it.

Not the one digging up two year old posts to prove someone wrong, only to fail because I can't do basic math.

Zoupa

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on June 29, 2021, 05:00:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 29, 2021, 04:51:37 PMI mean, it's not like you carefully evaluated Denmark's policy, carefully compared all the data that went into it, cross referenced it with that same data from Canada, and soberly concluded that Denmark is right to allow some travel and Canada wrong.

Nope...Canada doesn't allow travel, so they are wrong. Denmark does allow travel, so they are right. 100% outcome driven evaluation.

I certainly didn't do an extensive evaluation. What I did is recognize that Canada won't let in vaccinated travelers without an essential reason, and I think that is stupid. If you want to point to the vaccinated travelers that presented a negative covid test and that have spread covid, I'll reevaluate that opinion.

Pulling this in from another thread...i was critical of canada's policy just over a year ago to not allow travel for vaccinated travelers without an essential reason...basically no one agreed with me...well now we are a year later, and Canada is not only letting in vaccinated passengers without an essential reason, and they are also not requiring a covid test to enter. Covid continues to be spread so I guess canada decided its policy was wrong?

Grey Fox

Do you not recognise the passage of time?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Either the world stays in lockdown for all eternity, or Dorsey was right all along since Day 1.