News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2022, 03:11:34 PMAnd Rammstein have released another video (guys keeping busy in their old age :P ):

Dicke Titten - aka Fat Big Tits. They lyrics reflect the POV of a middle aged lonely man, looking for a woman. He stresses he doesn't demand much: she doesn't have to be beautiful, she doesn't have to be rich, or smart, and she even doesn't have to kiss him ... but she must have big tits.

Warning: around the 4:15 mark, during the end credits, you briefly see blurry black and white boobs. :P (which is a lot more restraint than I expected from the video's title - no reverse birthing in bloody detail this time ;) ). It does mirror the ending of their Zick Zack video where one of the grannies briefly flashes her boobs at the end. :lol:

Also, the video, according to the end credits was filmed in Ellmau, in Austrian Tyrol.

Considering Rammstein's track record, the video is remarkably restrained.  :P

Syt

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2022, 10:35:19 AMA lovely new ballad from Lorna Shore. :wub:

I've listened to this song way too much in the last two weeks or so. Still awesome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

New video from Alestorm, about Blackbeard aka Edward Teach. It's ... well, it's an Alestorm song. A good singalong, but to me doesn't really stand out from their other songs.

I had the closed captions on for the lyrics. I appreciate them adding captions for the guitar solo, too.  :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2022, 10:35:19 AMA lovely new ballad from Lorna Shore. :wub:

it's a great band.  I like Shadow of Intent too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Trivia question: what was the original name of The Hollies?

Jo-Jo, I'm looking at you.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNot47WRBFk

I offer this exhibit as proof that flipped collars are cool.

The answer to the trivia question is The Deadbeats.  According to Graham Nash the MC at their first gig asked the band name and they decide then and there that The Deadbeats sucked and changed it to The Hollies.

Syt

Latest video from Electric Callboy (ft. Conquer Divide) was ... not what I was expecting.

Very much a throwback to maybe early 2000s high school rock? :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Listening to an ambient fantasy/RPG playlist at work, and this popped up:

Heard the initial chord and ... yeah, this will forever be the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy intro for me (radio drama and TV series). :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Lovely new song by Lorna Shore. Warning: flashing/strobing lights.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Keith Jarrett Trio - Standards Vol. 1 (1983)

First album from the "Standards Trio" - Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette - which performed and recorded for over 30 years.

This is an exceptional group that defined the piano trio for their generation, but for me it is marred by Jarrett's vocalizations. Such vocalizations are not unusual in piano players - Thelonious Monk, Oscar Petersos, Bud Powell, among others, but Jarrett's on this album (and some of the other Std Trio recordings) are so loud and extreme that I find it hard to focus on the music.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Not to Spotify commercials, that's for sure.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"