News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on July 25, 2022, 07:54:56 AMUkrainians seem to be gaining the advantage in Kherson. Might be time for another Russian goodwill gesture.

I am indeed hoping for a Russian announcement of "we are winning so big, to show we are nice we are retreating from Kherson".

Zanza

Tovarish Schröder is back in Moscow - for vacation as he told a German reporter.

HVC

On the lighter side of espionage News, Ukraine caught a FSB plant because she was too hot to be the girlfriend of a pilot who wanted to defect.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11046913/Russian-spooks-foiled-Ukrainians-realise-defectors-girlfriend-good-looking-him.html
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

They look like an average Slavic couple to me.  :P

HVC

He could have pulled it off if he was wearing a tracksuit  :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2022, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on July 25, 2022, 07:54:56 AMUkrainians seem to be gaining the advantage in Kherson. Might be time for another Russian goodwill gesture.

I am indeed hoping for a Russian announcement of "we are winning so big, to show we are nice we are retreating from Kherson".

Instead they're cutting gas transportation to 20% of normal come Wednesday.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on July 25, 2022, 01:23:53 PMOn the lighter side of espionage News, Ukraine caught a FSB plant because she was too hot to be the girlfriend of a pilot who wanted to defect.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11046913/Russian-spooks-foiled-Ukrainians-realise-defectors-girlfriend-good-looking-him.html

Hmm, yeah, gotta say, beastmen and hot women is pretty par the course for that part of the world.
I'd say more alarming would be this plastic footballers wife wannabe type woman going for a military person. That doesn't seem believable
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

This seems reasonable to me - how Ukraine is proceding:

https://twitter.com/Danspiun/status/1552594268606406657

The question I have is whether the negative comments are Russian trolls and psyops warriors, or whether there's substance there... but then again, that's the purpose of those kind of comments.

Josquius

Seems fair enough. Its nice to think of Ukranian tanks rolling down the streets of Kherson WW2 style but that's a fantasy that serves little purpose.

On Russian propeganda i am wondering how long it will be before they claim to have destroyed more of the American rocket launchers than exist in the area. They're getting close already.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on July 29, 2022, 08:24:27 PMSeems fair enough. Its nice to think of Ukranian tanks rolling down the streets of Kherson WW2 style but that's a fantasy that serves little purpose.

On Russian propeganda i am wondering how long it will be before they claim to have destroyed more of the American rocket launchers than exist in the area. They're getting close already.

They already did that a few weeks ago when they claimed to have destroyed a whopping 5 himars out of 4

Zoupa

Gunfire and air raid sirens at the Serbia Kosovo border.

DGuller

Seeing reports of Azerbaijan starting another offensive in Nagorno-Karabakh.  Are they trying to pounce while Russia is occupied elsewhere in order to establish facts on the ground?  Looks like the prediction of the hornet's nest being disturbed with Russia invading Ukraine is finally coming to fruition, all sorts of frozen conflicts are now liable to become unfrozen.

mongers

QuoteRaya Ilyevich, 86, holds her cat, Murchik, outside her apartment damaged from Russian shelling in Kramatorsk, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine [File: David Goldman/AP]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"