News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2022, 07:34:35 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2022, 09:55:49 PMIt's 4:52 am and 25°C outside. I've had the windows open and created a draft all night, but it's not gone below 27°C in my apartment.  :glare:

:console:

I found the 3 days of 25-28C inside the house this week nearly unbearable.

My flat is generally always that temp once there is a tiny bit of heat. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2022, 01:35:42 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2022, 07:34:35 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2022, 09:55:49 PMIt's 4:52 am and 25°C outside. I've had the windows open and created a draft all night, but it's not gone below 27°C in my apartment.  :glare:

I found the 3 days of 25-28C inside the house this week nearly unbearable.

My flat is generally always that temp once there is a tiny bit of heat. :Embarrass:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Here the heat wave has broken.  78 I think, some breeze, not nasty humid.  I was able to walk 18 holes without an aneurism.  The guys downstream should get some relief in time.

Razgovory

Heat wave broke here too.  We got some rain and 73 degree temperatures.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

A heat wave has hit Vancouver.  34C in the shade on the CC deck.  Too hot in the direct sun.

mongers

Some drizzle here this morning. :cool: :brit:

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2022, 05:33:38 AMSome drizzle here this morning. :cool: :brit:

Going to be raining here today too - a small bit of water in between long stretches of heat.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2022, 08:44:43 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2022, 05:33:38 AMSome drizzle here this morning. :cool: :brit:

Going to be raining here today too - a small bit of water in between long stretches of heat.

Same here, the drizzle amounted to probably less than 1mm, July in England has seen only about 2% of the usual months 'rainfall'. :bleeding:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2022, 09:44:02 PMHere the heat wave has broken.  78 I think, some breeze, not nasty humid.  I was able to walk 18 holes without an aneurism.  The guys downstream should get some relief in time.

Well that didn't last long.  Only 85 today but humidity at 74%.  I tapped out after 7 holes.

Valmy

We had substantial rain in central Texas yesterday. Never have I been so happy to see it rain, I got to dig out my umbrella and everything. Hopefully a sign it is starting to cool down a little bit as we move into September.

You know down to about 33C instead of 39C on a regular basis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Why do humans live in Texas?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2022, 11:52:39 AMOil and cattle  :P

Oil is no reason to live someplace.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2022, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 19, 2022, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2022, 11:52:39 AMOil and cattle  :P

Oil is no reason to live someplace.

Works for the Norwegians  ;)

Maybe, but they have got fish, not cattle.  :P