0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
Some non-mainline numbered thing
0 (0%)
I've never encountered one at all and can't even parse which one I hate the least
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I've only played FF1 (see Miscellaneous thread) and FF14. I think FF14 is possibly the best MMO I have ever played with great story and characters and too many fun timesinks to count, whereas FF1 is a grindy game with a very basic plot and quest mechanics. So I guess FF14 wins on default on my end. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Definitely 6. Better characterization than 7, solid gameplay, the best music of the series, and by far the best villain of them all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Btw, I love that the victory theme has progressed from this:

to this:

And of course many themes of the original game are still with the series. It's crazy how many NES themes of the 80s remain iconic to this day (Zelda, Mario, Castlevania, Contra ...).

Here's a full evolution of the fanfare:

Small tangent - looking at the evolution video I realize that the victory jingle on FF Legend on Gameboy is VERY similar to the jingle that plays at the start of Arkanoid levels:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PRC

Final Fantasy Tactics was a fantastic game.  But out of the main line titles, FF6 takes the cake.

celedhring

Can't argue with FF6, but I a shoutout to FFX, which for some reason I enjoyed immensely - I sunk an inordinate amount of hours just playing Blitzball  :lol:

FunkMonk

7 was my first FF. It blew me away as a kid. I didn't play 6 until much later, on an emulator, so the experience wasn't as memorable.

It's interesting that the popularity of FF7 has spawned a kind of subgenre of tons  of FF7-based games for Square, including the Remakes which completely change the story, whereas 6 has kinda been overlooked.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

My first was 7 too. I remember seeing it in a magazine and it seemed fantastic. One of the first games I got with my playstation and it was wonderful.
....butttt some years later 8 came along and it crushed 7. Its just so much better. Especially the first disk (the first disk of 7 is also best). I've played through this multiple times. 8 is best.

I think I played 6 at this point? It was alright. Not up there with chrono trigger and other SNES RPGs but good.
9...I need to play more. I think its the game from this era I've played the least before burning out. I keep being tempted to buy it on my switch but time is lacking. It has charm.

10 I liked. Many don't but I liked it. I've finished it. Nice story. Blitzball is cool.

12 I played next. It sucks. Just random generated dungeons and seemingly no plot or anything about it.

13 I've most recently played and finished. Its not great. So linear and the battles heavily play themselves. I felt compelled to finish it though. I'm stupid.
██████
██████
██████