News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best User Review Ever - Valheim

Started by Berkut, September 16, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 08, 2022, 06:45:40 PMI joined the server, got careless, died and lost everything. :(
That is the best way to learn....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 08, 2022, 06:45:40 PMI joined the server, got careless, died and lost everything. :(

Can you get to your tombstone? If you do then you get all your gear back. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Logged on and poked around for a bit. Will have to gather some building materials and find a good spot for a house at some point. :D

The Brain

FYI: I put some "Free Stuff" chests outside the entrance to my house, on the ridge overlooking the starting stone circle. Stuff in those is for anyone to just grab without asking, if they feel like it.

I'm very open to sharing stuff I keep in my house, but please ask before you loot those chests. :)

Do we want some kind of communal facility? I have enough materials now to build the stuff needed to start metalworking (requires we kill the first boss though), and I have a spot selected in my compound. If I build them there then of course everyone will be welcome to use them. But maybe we want some communal crafting site?

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2022, 04:30:21 AMLogged on and poked around for a bit. Will have to gather some building materials and find a good spot for a house at some point. :D

Cool! :)

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2022, 04:44:51 AMFYI: I put some "Free Stuff" chests outside the entrance to my house, on the ridge overlooking the starting stone circle. Stuff in those is for anyone to just grab without asking, if they feel like it.

I'm very open to sharing stuff I keep in my house, but please ask before you loot those chests. :)

Do we want some kind of communal facility? I have enough materials now to build the stuff needed to start metalworking (requires we kill the first boss though), and I have a spot selected in my compound. If I build them there then of course everyone will be welcome to use them. But maybe we want some communal crafting site?

All of that sounds mightily sensible to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I like the "free stuff" idea. I have a lot of deer skins and food I don't need for example.

Anyone is welcome to build within my compound if they want, or outside of it. We could expand it even. 

I can help kill the first boss anytime today. He drops three antlers you need to make the first pick, so if we get more then three people, we could take him on more then once as well. I have a crapton of the deer trophies.

When would be good for people?

Can I propose 6pm EST?

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2022, 07:53:24 AMI like the "free stuff" idea. I have a lot of deer skins and food I don't need for example.

Anyone is welcome to build within my compound if they want, or outside of it. We could expand it even.

I can help kill the first boss anytime today. He drops three antlers you need to make the first pick, so if we get more then three people, we could take him on more then once as well. I have a crapton of the deer trophies.

When would be good for people?

Can I propose 6pm EST?

The time sounds good to me! :)

Berkut

0 rows returned

The Brain

Berk, I think the voice problem probably was at my end. Something was weird about my Discord but after restarting the computer it seems fine again.

garbon

I can't make this eve but have fun!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

If it just me and you Brain, we could do it earlier as well.

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2022, 12:27:00 PMIf it just me and you Brain, we could do it earlier as well.

Sounds good. I'm flexible. Which time?

The Brain

Berk, garb, and me killed the first boss! :) It can be killed as many times as you like so no worries.

I have set up a metalworking area in my compound, with a smelter, charcoal kiln, and forge. Everyone is welcome to use those. I've also got some basic agriculture and more advanced cooking up and running, and I am now also making mead (potions). I put some samples of what's available in my "Free Stuff" chests, if anyone's interested. :)

Darth Wagtaros

OK, I built a shack on top of a hill. It looks like shit, and will leak, but it is now Shloss Wagenheim.
PDH!