News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best User Review Ever - Valheim

Started by Berkut, September 16, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I would let you guys on my server, if you promise not to trash my shit.  I've built quite the castle.  Also built a Gibraltar-style island, with a yuge bonfire signal light.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josquius on May 03, 2022, 12:16:03 PMI'm still tempted by the game. That would push me over the edge.

You have no time to play this game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Does anyone have a PC that could host? Mine seems to be crashing rather regularly....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I think renting a 24/7 server is the best way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 03, 2022, 01:07:43 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 03, 2022, 12:16:03 PMI'm still tempted by the game. That would push me over the edge.

You have no time to play this game.

Mean :cry:

But its got a big learning curve?
I took it as minecraft with vikings and minecraft is quite a drop in and out casual game.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

It's drop in and out friendly I would say. Obviously you might not keep up with the cool kids, but there's always stuff to do.

Berkut

That was what I was wondering about a shared server. How does it not just become whoever plays the most leaves everyone behind?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2022, 03:54:32 PMI think renting a 24/7 server is the best way.
Yeah, it looks like about $14/month for ten slots. That's pretty cheap. And takes care of a lot of hassle.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Got a server for 30 days, see how it goes:

IP:  144.126.153.40:30600

PW: hsiugnal

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 03, 2022, 06:02:58 PMThat was what I was wondering about a shared server. How does it not just become whoever plays the most leaves everyone behind?

My experience is that it isn't a huge problem. Obviously things depend a bit on the personality and maturity of the players involved, but if someone is running off in one direction doing a lot of stuff it doesn't necessarily have a huge impact on other people's game. And if the guy with the most playing time is someone like me then he uses a lot of it to gather resources and stocking up supplies so the other guys get a flying start on their building projects etc when they do play.

Obviously you Berkut are God Emperor on your server, but maybe there should be some general rules of behavior? You could for instance say that killing a new boss for the first time will always be a group/server expedition done when the group/server thinks it's time. No rushing off and soloing new bosses. Once a boss has been killed the first time then it's free to kill for everyone whenever they want (the people who couldn't/didn't join in the first group kill for instance).

One more thing to consider: should everyone start with a new character on the server, or can those who have played before bring their geared up mofos? New characters would make sense I think.

I assume we're using the Languish Discord for voice?

The Brain

I popped in briefly on the server. New character, called Hjärna.

Berkut

I was not ever aware you could bring in an existing character!

Yes, definitely new characters for the new server.

And I like the basic plan of coordinating and agreeing on milestone activities....

I played a couple hours last night, got an initial house built. Even found some boars to tame!

0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

Now I just need some time to play.  And buy the game.  
PDH!

Berkut

DO we have a Languish discord server already?

0 rows returned

ulmont