The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

I guess I'll find out, I ordered a new iMac. To be delivered before June 18th.

Threviel

Got it delivered yesterday. Damn, this is a sweet upgrade so far. It is markedly faster than my old machine, but that's not strange since the old one was bought in '13.

I went into a Mac store though and compared it to the top of the line present Intel iMacs, and it was still markedly faster when opening browsers and so on.

I'm installing a few games now to se how it handles graphics.

Barrister

Apple loses in the Epic Games v Apple lawsuit, must allow apps to make purchases outside of Apple's ecosystem (and without Apple getting it's 30% cut).

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/10/22662320/epic-apple-ruling-injunction-judge-court-app-store
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

after 10 or so yours i've moved from an ios phone to an android. still getting used to it, but i like it so far.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 13, 2021, 11:01:46 AM
after 10 or so yours i've moved from an ios phone to an android. still getting used to it, but i like it so far.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

dead to me portocanuck
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: katmai on December 07, 2021, 10:59:57 AM
dead to me portocanuck

Hey Katmai, welcome back.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

dead to me portocanuck

you're in the BB cult :o

Does it help that its the Samsung fold 3 so looks cool at least? :D

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 07, 2021, 12:27:59 PM
dead to me portocanuck

you're in the BB cult :o

Does it help that its the Samsung fold 3 so looks cool at least? :D

Quit digging yourself a deeper hole! :o

Repent now and maybe Tim Cook can forgive your heresy against fruit-based phones. :worthy:

HVC

still have a ipad, so i have a multidenominational household lol

MadBurgerMaker

Rejoined the Apple laptop club with an M2 Air today (also haul around an iPad at work, but it was kind of my second choice there).  They still make nice laptops.

E: It's the base model one, for running browser apps, pandora, and skype right next to the hot tub, getting splashed with water occasionally.   Like right now, for example :P.   ALMOST got conned by my wife into buying one of the new Pro models for the same thing, but it'd be $1k more for....no reason really.  Starlight is a good color.  They didn't want to give me money for my 2014 Pro for some reason.  Weird.

CountDeMoney

I've moved forward from an IBM Selectric to a cherry condition Macintosh SE. The startup "bong" brings me peace.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2022, 08:53:18 PMI've moved forward from an IBM Selectric to a cherry condition Macintosh SE. The startup "bong" brings me peace.

:hmm:  ....  :cool:?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2022, 08:53:18 PMI've moved forward from an IBM Selectric to a cherry condition Macintosh SE. The startup "bong" brings me peace.

I recently got my Apple II GS back up and running.  :cool:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 08, 2022, 11:04:22 PM

I recently got my Apple II GS back up and running.  :cool:

:cool: