Certifications

Started by Darth Wagtaros, May 06, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2021, 09:25:31 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 29, 2021, 09:01:13 AM
I'm supposed to get another certificate for work.  I guess an Azure one.  Blagh
So they just told you to get another cert and they don't care which one? :hmm:
It couldn't be a free one, like a certificate in bed making.  My boss suggested Azure since we use Azure.  But it was apparently, "everyone gets a certificate in something."

Fuck.  I've driven my career into a dead end, and this just means extra work without any reward.
PDH!

Caliga

What all certs do you have now?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

A basic AWS one, an MCSE, a VCP (old one), ITIL Foundation

I let the security ones slip as there was no benefit in keeping them. THough I should get the Security+ back in case I do come across a job that looks interesting.
PDH!

Caliga

Was ITIL Foundation hard?  I was looking at getting that one before the pandemic started screwing my schedule/work all up.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2021, 10:33:20 AM
Was ITIL Foundation hard?  I was looking at getting that one before the pandemic started screwing my schedule/work all up.
Not really.  It was a long time ago now.  I remember it being kind of challenging just because of all the overlapping roles. I used a couple of books to study.  I think it is good resume fodder.  Its like magical even if it is rarely ever implemented properly.
PDH!

DontSayBanana

Just re-upped my Network+, guess I'm choosing to see it as a refresher in cert prep before my CCNA- I'd intended to sit it out until Pearson started opening up in-person testing again, but I've stalled long enough and still don't see any solid guesses when that'll happen.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 30, 2021, 09:39:51 PM
Just re-upped my Network+, guess I'm choosing to see it as a refresher in cert prep before my CCNA- I'd intended to sit it out until Pearson started opening up in-person testing again, but I've stalled long enough and still don't see any solid guesses when that'll happen.
September. 

Fuck Pearson. 
PDH!