The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Started by Threviel, March 10, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Is it true that Galadriel says "It's Morbin time"?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on September 08, 2022, 07:15:53 AMIs it true that Galadriel says "It's Morbin time"?
Yes.  That was the coolest moment of the episode.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

I googled it, and I still have no idea what you guys are talking about.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2022, 11:08:53 AMI googled it, and I still have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Power rangers reference.

I've watched it. It's... ok. Some parts don't make sense. Like half of the sea "adventure" seemed unnecessary, for example
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 11:11:25 AMPower rangers reference.

I've watched it. It's... ok. Some parts don't make sense. Like half of the sea "adventure" seemed unnecessary, for example
And a Morbius reference that prompted Sony into thinking their film had gone viral :sleep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 11:11:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2022, 11:08:53 AMI googled it, and I still have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Power rangers reference.

It was a widespread internet meme from earlier this year where people talked about how awesome the Sony movie Morbius was (it wasn't), and in particular how he used the line "It's Morbin' time" (he doesn't).

The movie was initially a box-office bomb, but the popularity of the meme caused Sony to re-release Morbius in theatres, where it bombed again.

Had to google the connection to Power Rangers - apparently it's a take-off of their line "It's Morphin' time".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 11:51:00 AMThe movie was initially a box-office bomb, but the popularity of the meme caused Sony to re-release Morbius in theatres, where it bombed again.
This was, incidentally, very funny.

I hope it causes studios to ignore or at least sense-check most social media responses rather than, say, doing another Rise of Skywalker. Sometimes social media is right (Sonic's teeth), sometimes they're wrong and sometimes they're taking the piss.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 11:51:00 AMHad to google the connection to Power Rangers - apparently it's a take-off of their line "It's Morphin' time".

And I thought it was a play on "It's clobberin' time," the catch phrase of Thing from the Fantastic Four comics. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 08, 2022, 12:04:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 11:51:00 AMHad to google the connection to Power Rangers - apparently it's a take-off of their line "It's Morphin' time".

And I thought it was a play on "It's clobberin' time," the catch phrase of Thing from the Fantastic Four comics. :lol:

To be fair "It's Morphin' Time" might well be a take off of The Thing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2022, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2022, 11:11:25 AM

Power rangers reference.

It was a widespread internet meme from earlier this year where people talked about how awesome the Sony movie Morbius was (it wasn't), and in particular how he used the line "It's Morbin' time" (he doesn't).

The movie was initially a box-office bomb, but the popularity of the meme caused Sony to re-release Morbius in theatres, where it bombed again.

Bombed?  :mad:  The average person on the planet saw the movie 153 times!

Proof:

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

I'd laugh grumblarsaurus, but some Hollywood exec likely has figures that proves just that but will still state that the fillm was a loss too.
PDH!

viper37

Really liked that 3rd episode.  For someone not familiar with LOTR outside of the 3 books and movies, I get a better feeling of the lore now. :)

It's a slow reveal, not everything is spelled out loud, you have to do some guessing, I still think Galadriel is a bit too stuck up for my taste, but it's still a great show.

[spoiler]
When the elves attempted to escape, the one (Crassus ;) ) that made it out of the pit received 2-3 arrows in the chest.  Where did they come from?  I couldn't see any orcs outside of the pit, and they're afraid of the sun... they came from the woods? So were there any hidden there that I missed?[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

I loved the look of Numernor and Elendil is a badass.

Viper: There were some orcs in the background of that shot behind the shot elf. I think it's been established that they can go out in the sun while heavily clothed, they just hate it.

Josquius

I saw ep 2. A step up from 1. Interesting to see a fantasy show where for one the dwarves are in the ascendancy.
Nice lampshading of elf long lifespans but kind of clunky.

Really can't get out of my head that galadrial was basically trying to swim across the whole Atlantic.
██████
██████
██████