The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Started by Threviel, March 10, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Galadriel and her plotline are terribly written and really drag the show down, imho. Other than that, the show is fine.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on September 12, 2022, 09:41:12 AMGaladriel and her plotline are terribly written and really drag the show down, imho. Other than that, the show is fine.
She's one stuck up elf for sure.  And the way the actress plays her character, it's like there's never any one else in front of her, like she's doing theater.  I presume this is how she is directed to play her part, be the arrogant know-it-all-elf, until she comes back down to earth and be more likable.  Right now, you may know she's right about the urgency, you may know she's right about Sauron, but you can't help but want to smack her hard.  Real hard.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on September 12, 2022, 03:38:20 AMI loved the look of Numernor and Elendil is a badass.

Viper: There were some orcs in the background of that shot behind the shot elf. I think it's been established that they can go out in the sun while heavily clothed, they just hate it.

Yeah, in the scene just before that, they showed orcs putting on their layers of protection.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2022, 10:34:34 AMWhy are the dwarves Scottish? :huh:

They were already Scottish in the Peter Jackson movies (and in countless other media) it's one of those weird clichés  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on September 12, 2022, 10:39:00 AMThey were already Scottish in the Peter Jackson movies (and in countless other media) it's one of those weird clichés  :lol:
I don't think I'd ever noticed/realised before. How weird - or I thought that was just Gimli :lol:

Separately I have seen there's a bit of annoyance in the Irish press (rightly) at the awful cod Irish accents of the harfoots and that they actually look like quite racist 19th century stereotypes of the Irish. Wonder if that's something that Amazon might have a look at for the next season because it's not great - the accents are really bad (and I love Sir Lenny Henry).
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Could have been worse...the orcs speak a kind of cod-Essex  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2022, 10:51:44 AMCould have been worse...the orcs speak a kind of cod-Essex  :hmm:
:lol: Elves = RP, Dwarves = Scots, Hobbits = very outdated Irish stereotypes, Orcs = TOWIE/the Mitchell brothers.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2022, 10:54:04 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2022, 10:51:44 AMCould have been worse...the orcs speak a kind of cod-Essex  :hmm:
:lol: Elves = RP, Dwarves = Scots, Hobbits = very outdated Irish stereotypes, Orcs = TOWIE/the Mitchell brothers.

Didn't the makers claim some kind of non-bigotry position? Or did I dream that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2022, 10:54:04 AM

It should hopefully reassure Daily Mail readers who are worried that the show is too "woke"  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2022, 11:04:54 AMIt should hopefully reassure Daily Mail readers who are worried that the show is too "woke"  :lol:
Sauron = inexplicably French :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Josquius

██████
██████
██████