News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2022, 07:29:39 PMThey scammed one another:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/steve-bannon-trump-wall-donations-b1854051.html

Don't know if there was taxpayer money or not, you should ask the one who posted the image and the text.

:huh:  Syt posted that as part of a series of moronic posts taken from his family's "Facebook follies."  He certainly didn't swallow the lie hook, line, and sinker like you did.  You apparently believe this Shawwnna Bolick, and I'm curious as to why.  She seems to be an absolute nutball, who, for instance, proposed legislation that would allow the Arizona state legislature to change the state's electoral college votes up to the moment of the president taking the oath.  Her bill died in committee because it explicitly violated the state's constitution.  So she's running to be the state's chief election official, despite not knowing what the the state's constitution and legislation says about elections.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2022, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2022, 12:03:56 PM

Don't leave me hanging!! Tell me the QAnon version!  :mad:

A teeny tiny blown up for size pixel towards the North east of the US is responsible for the world's troubles.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on May 18, 2022, 09:19:41 PM

A teeny tiny blown up for size pixel towards the North east of the US is responsible for the world's troubles.

The "teeny tiny blown up for size pixel" northeast of the US on that map is called the United Kingdom.  I'm pretty sure that they are not responsible for all of the world's troubles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2022, 08:39:31 PMHe certainly didn't swallow the lie hook, line, and sinker like you did.
I certainly did no such thing.  The fact that I said it was all Biden's fault even if it was Trump's idea should have given you a clue.  I am sorry I wasn't clear enough.  I do not posses a PhD in irony.

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2022, 08:39:31 PMYou apparently believe this Shawwnna Bolick, and I'm curious as to why.
I misremembered the Bannon scam.  I thought contractors received public funds from the Federal and some State governments to build the stupid wall and never delivered on it.  It turns out it was a private scam between Trumpist supporters. Well, Republican supporters as they are the same nowadays.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

They want me to believe that? Because I have never even heard the idea that all current supply chain issues are caused by the Ukraine War and only that until I saw this post. So they are doing a weak sauce job getting the suggestion out there much less convincing me it's true.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 18, 2022, 10:38:17 PMThey want me to believe that? Because I have never even heard the idea that all current supply chain issues are caused by
the Ukraine War and only that until I saw this post. So they are doing a weak sauce job getting the suggestion out there much less convincing me it's true.

Something tells me you are not the target audience... :hmm:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2022, 09:35:01 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 18, 2022, 09:19:41 PM

The "teeny tiny blown up for size pixel" northeast of the US on that map is called the United Kingdom.  I'm pretty sure that they are not responsible for all of the world's troubles.

I mean DC/the white House.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Where they have a bit of a point of course is that inflation is only made worse by the war and was well on its way up before it. And the unfolding recession is due to that inflation forcing central banks to stop fueling the decade-long asset bubble pumping, which they had been doing to pretend they fixed the 2008 crisis' aftermath.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on May 19, 2022, 01:34:17 AMI mean DC/the white House.

FYI Americans don't think of DC as in the Northeast.  NYC and up I'd say.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 19, 2022, 01:58:43 AMI'd start with Philly.

Jersey is usually in the Mid Atlantic, and Philly is south of Jersey.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2022, 10:29:29 PMI certainly did no such thing.  The fact that I said it was all Biden's fault even if it was Trump's idea should have given you a clue.  I am sorry I wasn't clear enough.  I do not posses a PhD in irony.

I apologize.  I totally misread the tone of your post.

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Valmy

Obviously Musk's tantrum, as contemptible as it is, is pretty disastrous for us politically. The hits just keep on coming. More celebrities being put to work for the right wing.

Though maybe this makes Republicans big supporters of electric cars.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."