News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Guess life, liberty and pursuit of happiness (plus many other things) are off the menu. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

The world owes everyone a pen and a yellow legal pad?  That's odd.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2022, 02:28:22 PMBarristers robes yes (only in the Court of Queen's Bench and higher though).  Problem is:

A: robes don't go to the floor so your shoes are still visible; and

B: Mrs B is self-conscious that she's taller than me by 2 inches.  I don't think I've ever seen her wear more than a slight wedge.

:(

Then you definitely need to start wearing heels!

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on May 06, 2022, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2022, 02:28:22 PMBarristers robes yes (only in the Court of Queen's Bench and higher though).  Problem is:

A: robes don't go to the floor so your shoes are still visible; and

B: Mrs B is self-conscious that she's taller than me by 2 inches.  I don't think I've ever seen her wear more than a slight wedge.

:(

Then you definitely need to start wearing heels!

The Louis XIV look. High heels and a wig are manly!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 06, 2022, 04:26:26 PMDid people consider Louis manly? :unsure:
There's 18 of them, you have to be more precise.  :P

Louis XIV, yes, he had many mistresses.  XV and XVI too.  Not sure about how was perceived XIII (rumours of homosexuality, so I'm not sure how that was viewed precisely) or any of the other 12 ones before that.  XVII was too young and I don't know much about #18.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 06, 2022, 04:26:26 PMDid people consider Louis manly? :unsure:

Yup.

Dudes peacocking with long hair, heels, and jewelry can seem either masculine or feminine depending on context and culture - like how heavy metal rockers can take on the look of "hair" bands and still think of themselves as solidly masculine.

No question Louis xiv though of himself (and was thought by others) as being "manly".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Being the absolute ruler of one of the most powerful nations in the world at the time would also tend to make people think he was manly.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

What does the propaganda consist of? LGBT people trying to live their lives?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2022, 12:58:53 PMWhat does the propaganda consist of? LGBT people trying to live their lives?

Gotta ask my sister. (This is from the one who usually posts "I'm an LGBT ally!" stuff, with two gays sons, and one trans son.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I can see how it would be hard to avoid the LGBT Propaganda in that situation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2022, 06:52:07 PMI can see how it would be hard to avoid the LGBT Propaganda in that situation.
Crazy, ultra religious, anti-gay Republicans tend to overwhelmingly have LGBT sons & daughters. 

Or, they just wear women lingerie themselves while participating in coke fueled orgies, apparently.

It's the new "gays are evil so please man suck my cock in the airport's bathroom" thing.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.