News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2022, 03:59:07 PMMy reading is that Putin acted now because he thinks Biden and Democrats are weak, while Manly Man Trump made him scared to try anything.

Well anything that happens in the entire world is the work of the US President even when there is no direct cause and effect link.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Great Replacement being replaced. Bound to happen I guess. Nothing is irreplaceable.

From a "Convoi de la liberté" (freedom convoy) FB Page shared by a contact of mine. That is in line with with the current topic on the Canadian politics thread.

Josquius

My Indian friend is sharing on WhatsApp the American biolab bollocks. Sigh.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2022, 03:59:07 PMMy reading is that Putin acted now because he thinks Biden and Democrats are weak, while Manly Man Trump made him scared to try anything.

Never bet against the Moustache:

QuoteJohn Bolton, who served as former President Donald Trump's national security adviser, said that Russian President Vladimir Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was in office because "Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Russian hackers/trolls seems to be busy with something else.  Syt hasn't posted much from his sisters' accounts lately ;)

Syt

From my oldest sis whose youngest kid is trans. (She's also the one who's pro-gay on account of her two gay sons.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2022, 12:55:54 AMFrom my oldest sis whose youngest kid is trans. (She's also the one who's pro-gay on account of her two gay sons.)

Do you have any idea how her kids cope with their mother, given this?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on March 17, 2022, 01:18:36 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2022, 12:55:54 AMFrom my oldest sis whose youngest kid is trans. (She's also the one who's pro-gay on account of her two gay sons.)

I would imagine being trans and having a rightwing transphobic mother is quite fucking awful. It could lead to severe psychological trauma, suicidal ideation, staying closeted for years, and all manner of other dreadful things. One would never feel comfortable coming out to them or relaxing around them and being one's true self, always walking on eggshells and living in fear. One would drift farther and farther away from their family in general as time went on due to the situation. When a parent more or less implies they would rather have a dead kid than a trans kid, it is incredibly damaging. I would imagine.  :ph34r:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on March 17, 2022, 01:18:36 AM

Oldest gay son (politically left-wing) seems to have limited contact. Second gay son is "the good guy" - keeping things unpolitical on his FB page, and living the gay navy life. I feel politics is something he doesn't talk about with his parents. Third son - no idea, has no online presence. Youngest son (trans, f=>m) posted that they quit FB because of how many xenophobic, racist bigots are in his friends list. He later surfaced to say how much it sucks to be constantly misgendered and deadnamed by friends and family. He still lives with his family (though he graduated high school, but otherwise no idea what he's up to). I tried to reach out to him but got no response.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2022, 12:55:54 AM

From my oldest sis whose youngest kid is trans. (She's also the one who's pro-gay on account of her two gay sons.)

If Evangelical right wing Christians had the strength of their convictions they would believe that their god created trans people and would think conversion therapy was a sin.

Josquius

You know her better but to be fair I could interprete that text as pro trans if clunky.
"You're just confused" is an anti trans put down. So that you're a MtF transexual is all down to god deciding you were meant to be a woman in the first place.

I wonder how much of it is down to it being the born female being trans and if it had been one of the gay guys it wouldnt be an issue? Factors of the only girl and conservative tendencies to allow men far more leeway apply.
██████
██████
██████