News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Something I've noticed with the Pro-Pals.  They want "intifada"  A common slogan is "There is only one solution: Intifada revolution!  And "Globalize the Intifada"  There's a website called "Electronic intifada".  Do these people know what they are saying?  Most of them are too young to remember that last Intifada, but it was a catastrophe.  Thousands of people died, it did the Palestinians no good, and basically killed the peace process.  The whole thing is shocking and horrifying. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

The guy who runs Electronic intifada is a Muslim who lives in America (Chicago). They do know what they are saying, which is why we have to oppose them.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2024, 03:30:02 PMSomething I've noticed with the Pro-Pals.  They want "intifada"  A common slogan is "There is only one solution: Intifada revolution!  And "Globalize the Intifada"  There's a website called "Electronic intifada".  Do these people know what they are saying?  Most of them are too young to remember that last Intifada, but it was a catastrophe.  Thousands of people died, it did the Palestinians no good, and basically killed the peace process.  The whole thing is shocking and horrifying.

I personally haven't heard that particular term related to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict but yeah an intifada would only massively empower the Israeli right wing and lead to mass death among the Palestinians and set their interests back considerably. So obviously that would be very counter-productive to anybody who wants to see the suffering of the Palestinians to end and for some kind of peaceful settlement that will allow the Palestinians to start living their lives in peace again to happen.

But you are assuming that those pro-Palestine people actually give two shits about Palestinians and don't just want to kill jews or win some great victory for the greater glory of Palestine at the expense of the ordinary people, who must die for the glory of the nation or whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 01, 2024, 03:34:30 PMThe guy who runs Electronic intifada is a Muslim who lives in America (Chicago). They do know what they are saying, which is why we have to oppose them.

I guess it is easy to call for others to die when you are on the other side of the planet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2024, 01:56:32 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2024, 12:57:59 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2024, 11:32:37 AMOkay, so Trump isn't a nationalist because... I am wrong?
What is a patriot?  Is it wrong to be a patriot?  Is it wrong to love your country?

I don't see Trump at that kind of men.  Sorry.
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.  Maybe you should just stop.
See, you have zero notion of what it is being a nationalist, but you are convinced it is wrong because someone told you so.

It's no different than your average GOPtard.

Try to think for yourself for once.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Viper, I don't understand what "I don't see Trump at that kind of men.  Sorry." even means, so just stop.  You aren't even coherent anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 01, 2024, 03:34:30 PMThe guy who runs Electronic intifada is a Muslim who lives in America (Chicago). They do know what they are saying, which is why we have to oppose them.

And the way to oppose them is to vote for Biden.  The pro-Pals in the vids you linked harassed Biden supporters; they don't harass Trump supporters, because they recognize that they are on the same side.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2024, 04:52:13 PMSee, you have zero notion of what it is being a nationalist, but you are convinced it is wrong because someone told you so.

I am certain that you do not know what nationalism is, because you would not be spewing this crap if you did.  Nationalism is love of a nation: a set of people with supposedly-distinct characteristics, against everyone who is not part of that nation because they do not share the characteristics.  Nations are not states. Nationalists are not patriots.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The irony of the soft fascists that says that they have to support Trump because Biden does not kowtow to foreign interests and then claim that they are patriots for opposing decency and empathy is clear.  They have instead, to support a man who
1. openly admits that he wants to be a dictator,
2. openly claims that he cannot lose an election and any election he does lose is only lost because of some vague and evidence-free "rigging,"
3. openly decries the separation of church and declares himself to be a Christian despite not knowing the bible and never attending church services,
4. loudly proclaims that those who rose up in insurrection and stormed the capital with the express desire to murder the Vice-president of the United States are, in fact, patriots and political prisoner (despite calling for their punishment when he was president), and
5. openly declares his intention to use the office of the POTUS to punish his political opponents.

No American patriot could possibly support such a man, even if his opponent was four years alder than him and will not suck Netanyahu's cock like Trump wants to.

Not even the Israelis themselves agree with Adolf von Bismarck: Jerusalem protests show rage against Netanyahu is no longer waiting for the end of the war

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2024, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2024, 04:52:13 PMSee, you have zero notion of what it is being a nationalist, but you are convinced it is wrong because someone told you so.

I am certain that you do not know what nationalism is, because you would not be spewing this crap if you did.  Nationalism is love of a nation: a set of people with supposedly-distinct characteristics, against everyone who is not part of that nation because they do not share the characteristics.  Nations are not states. Nationalists are not patriots.
Nationalism is an idea and movement that holds that the nation should be congruent with the state.[1][2] As a movement, it presupposes the existence[3] and tends to promote the interests of a particular nation,[4] especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining its sovereignty (self-governance) over its perceived homeland to create a nation-state. It holds that each nation should govern itself, free from outside interference (self-determination), that a nation is a natural and ideal basis for a polity,[5] and that the nation is the only rightful source of political power.[4][6] It further aims to build and maintain a single national identity, based on a combination of shared social characteristics such as culture, ethnicity, geographic location, language, politics (or the government), religion, traditions and belief in a shared singular history,[7][8] and to promote national unity or solidarity.[4] Nationalism, therefore, seeks to preserve and foster a nation's traditional culture.[9] There are various definitions of a "nation", which leads to different types of nationalism.[10] The two main divergent forms identified by scholars are ethnic nationalism and civic nationalism.

How is that evil?

Further more:
Le nationalisme est un principe politique1 apparu à la fin du XVIIIe siècle, tendant à légitimer l'existence d'un État-nation pour chaque peuple, défini par des caractéristiques propres et communes à ses membres, comme une langue, des traditions historiques et culturelles ou des valeurs politiques. Initialement le nationalisme est opposé à la royauté (régime politique qui en France sera ensuite nommé Ancien Régime). Il s'impose progressivement en Europe au cours du XIXe siècle et se traduit au début du XXe siècle par la disparition de quatre empires multiethniques et autocratiques : les deux Empires centraux germaniques, le russe et le turc. Depuis son avènement, le nationalisme apparaît comme une évidence dans la vie politique et sociale2.

Translation:
Nationalism is a political principle1 that appeared at the end of the 18th century, tending to legitimize the existence of a nation-state for each people, defined by characteristics specific to and common to its members, such as a language, historical and cultural traditions. or political values. Initially nationalism was opposed to royalty (a political regime which in France would later be called the Ancien Régime). It gradually established itself in Europe during the 19th century and resulted at the beginning of the 20th century in the disappearance of four multi-ethnic and autocratic empires: the two Germanic Central Empires, the Russian and the Turkish. Since its advent, nationalism has appeared as evidence in political and social life2.

Again, nothing evil here.  Nothing that says you should build a wall between Mexico and the US, nothing that says you should park immigrants in detention centers, nothing that says Donald Trump is a nationalist, nothing that screams "White Power!" and concentration camps as Raz and so many other implies.

Patriotism is loving one's country.  You have your border, you have already achieved self determination, you control your own government.  A nation has no border, no complete control over its government, or no government at all.  There's nothing wrong for a Cherokee to be proud of his/her identity.  There's nothing wrong for an Israeli to be proud of his identity.  There's nothing wrong for an American to be proud and celebrate the 4th of July.

There's always a problem when it comes to excess, like everything else in life.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

How many laps has this thread's core argument run now?

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2024, 08:06:24 PMHow is that evil?

The bit about excluding people who don't fit the characteristics set by the nationalists for belonging to the nation.

OttoVonBismarck

FWIW nationalism is pretty obviously evil and fueled many wars and genocides. Viper tries to sugarcoat it because he is a Francophone nationalist, a pretty infamously shitty group of people.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 01, 2024, 09:52:25 PMHow many laps has this thread's core argument run now?
I haven't even posted my thing about how, really, Palestine is a queer issue.

The Brain

The "nationalism is evil" talking point is obviously false, and is just a smear used to tell peoples like Finns, Estonians etc that they should give up sovereignty and embrace a place in the Russian state project de jour. It's also used against people who feel that a Jewish state should be allowed to exist. It can be safely disregarded.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.