News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: The Brain on November 13, 2023, 04:41:59 AMHas Amnesty condemned Gaza for using civilians as shields? They slammed Ukraine for it IIRC.

Yes. They also have routinely, and regularly condemned Hamas for human rights violation within Gaza, for years.

Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2023, 08:50:06 AMNot that it is going to change anyone's mind but here is a Hamas terrorist running about with an RPG just outside one of these hospitals the IDF has the AUDICITY to use weapons around:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1724058554724732928
Right now, at an Israeli government meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2023, 04:25:18 PMJust in case someone was still in denial about the future plans for Gaza:
'We're Rolling Out Nakba 2023,' Israeli Minister Says on Northern Gaza Strip Evacuation - Israel News - Haaretz.com

I'm not sure who to believe about the intentions of the Israeli cabinet. A member of the cabinet or Otto who has assured me that this is definitely not the intention of the Israeli cabinet.

Razgovory

C'mon Viper, you can do better than that.  Really defend that anticolonialist struggle!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 13, 2023, 10:34:21 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2023, 04:25:18 PMJust in case someone was still in denial about the future plans for Gaza:
'We're Rolling Out Nakba 2023,' Israeli Minister Says on Northern Gaza Strip Evacuation - Israel News - Haaretz.com

I'm not sure who to believe about the intentions of the Israeli cabinet. A member of the cabinet or Otto who has assured me that this is definitely not the intention of the Israeli cabinet.

So re. the cabinet, the agricultural minister said "yeah maybe", the PM said a clear no. Not that Bibi can be trusted at all.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on November 13, 2023, 10:34:54 AMC'mon Viper, you can do better than that.  Really defend that anticolonialist struggle!
Is the goal here to occupy Gaza and forcefully displace Palestinians or not?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2023, 10:36:07 AM

So re. the cabinet, the agricultural minister said "yeah maybe", the PM said a clear no. Not that Bibi can be trusted at all.
Bibi already said they will occupy Gaza after the war.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: viper37 on November 10, 2023, 04:15:37 PMOvB is gonna be pissed off at Netanyahu for committing blood libel at Israel.
Grumbler is going to be angry too.
Yi and Tamas are gonna be so mad.

Well, no--because nothing Netanyahu said here is a blood libel. He is clearly indicating the IDF will occupy Gaza. I assume you believe this is proof of another "Nakba" or some other stupid shit. Unlike you I am not manifestly stupid, so I don't immediately jump to stupid conclusions about every thing said in the news.

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2023, 11:44:45 AM

Didn't they occupy it for decades? Did they eradicate/chase off the population? It bloody doubled during that time.

The Minsky Moment

From the Jerusalem Post
QuotePrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the ministers in his government to tread carefully when making public statements during a government meeting on Sunday after a second minister in the space of a week made a controversial statement.

"If you don't know or understand, don't comment," he told them. "We need to be sensitive."

Netanyahu's warning came the day after Agriculture Minister Avi Dichter said that Israel's war with Hamas was the "2023 Gaza Nakba" during an interview with N12 on Saturday night

There doesn't appear an immediate risk that Israeli military strategy and foreign policy will be run from the agricultural ministry.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2023, 11:43:31 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 13, 2023, 10:34:54 AMC'mon Viper, you can do better than that.  Really defend that anticolonialist struggle!

No.  But I want to see you defend the Hamas fighting from the hospital.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on November 13, 2023, 01:57:50 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2023, 11:43:31 AM

No.  But I want to see you defend the Hamas fighting from the hospital.
That is irrelevant to all the discussion we've had.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2023, 12:20:41 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2023, 11:44:45 AM

Didn't they occupy it for decades? Did they eradicate/chase off the population? It bloody doubled during that time.
They've already killed 11, 180 people.  I doubt they were all Hamas combatants.
Many have already fled toward the South.
As for chasing off the population, most of the population of Gaza are already refugees from the previous wars of Israel, descendants of those forces off from them homes.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 13, 2023, 11:54:05 AMHe is clearly indicating the IDF will occupy Gaza.
So.  You said before there were 2.3 million inhabitants in Gaza before the war and there would still be 2.3 million inhabitants in Gaza after the war.  Anything else amounted to blood libel against Israel.  Care to revise your statement?  Because it's pretty clear that the people won't return there.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 13, 2023, 12:44:42 PM

From the Jerusalem Post
QuotePrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the ministers in his government to tread carefully when making public statements during a government meeting on Sunday after a second minister in the space of a week made a controversial statement.

"If you don't know or understand, don't comment," he told them. "We need to be sensitive."

Netanyahu's warning came the day after Agriculture Minister Avi Dichter said that Israel's war with Hamas was the "2023 Gaza Nakba" during an interview with N12 on Saturday night

There doesn't appear an immediate risk that Israeli military strategy and foreign policy will be run from the agricultural ministry.
If you look at the entire article, Netanyahu is clearly concerned about how the public statement's make Israel look to international public opinion.  He dispute the loaded terms, not the basic facts.