News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 19, 2023, 05:48:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 19, 2023, 03:46:31 PMI think this forum and the US are a little bit outliers in global opinion. I'm not sure it's information warfare or Hamas propaganda as much as it is the broad public opinion in large chunks of the world since 1967 - at the latest. A lot of what I see that is pushing this isn't Hamas or Palestinian propaganda but left-wing people online who have views. I've not seen anything from Hamas or Palestinians that seems like Ukraine's efforts.

Polling has found a pretty overwhelming majority of Americans support Israel, in a crazily divided country it is like 65%.

To Americans, which many of us are, we largely don't give a fuck what a bunch of countries that stone women to death for wearing the wrong type of hat, or lynch gays in their spare time think about Israel.

Plus a fair chunk of your religious right are millennialists.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on October 19, 2023, 02:40:30 PMI'm seeing reporting that the Israeli minister of defence say the land operation is going to start soon.
And now a six hour political security cabinet meeting.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

The IDF posted graphic videos of the Hamas attacks on it's official Youtube channel.
5.5 million views in 24hrs.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 19, 2023, 05:48:57 PMTo Americans, which many of us are, we largely don't give a fuck what a bunch of countries that stone women to death for wearing the wrong type of hat, or lynch gays in their spare time think about Israel.

I'm all about stoning women wearing the wrong type of hat, particularly if it's like a wide brim with a cocktail dress.
I mean, you just don't do that.

viper37

US Navy warship near Yemen intercepts multiple missiles

QuoteOne of the officials said the missiles were fired by Iranian-backed Houthi militants, who are engaged in an ongoing conflict in Yemen. Approximately 2-3 missiles were intercepted, according to the second official.

Later Thursday Pentagon press secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder confirmed that the USS Carney shot down three land attack missiles as well as several drones that were launched by Iran-backed Houthi forces in Yemen.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Nice to see to you here Seedy.  I was hoping the recent events to bring you back for a bit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

chipwich

:osama: I was hoping it would bring back Siegebreaker

Tamas

So why does Israel need billions from the US?

Josquius

I'm seeing very little reporting of the Iranian drone attacks on US bases.
This is pretty big and worrying news.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on October 20, 2023, 12:35:24 AMSo why does Israel need billions from the US?

I don't know.  Do you think Israel is getting or about to receive billions from the US?  All I've heard about is munitions.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2023, 02:44:00 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 20, 2023, 12:35:24 AMSo why does Israel need billions from the US?

I don't know.  Do you think Israel is getting or about to receive billions from the US?  All I've heard about is munitions.

That's better then, but still that stuff should all go to Ukraine.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on October 20, 2023, 03:01:11 AMThat's better then, but still that stuff should all go to Ukraine.

I've got nothing against a couple hundred million in JDAMs as a gesture of support.

Josquius

I've definitely heard of billions of aid to Israel. Though it could well be the same deal as much of the Ukrainian aid where its we spent £2 billion on these missiles in 2004 , you can have them, so we mark in our taxes we've donated £2 billion to you.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on October 20, 2023, 03:06:21 AMI've definitely heard of billions of aid to Israel. Though it could well be the same deal as much of the Ukrainian aid where its we spent £2 billion on these missiles in 2004 , you can have them, so we mark in our taxes we've donated £2 billion to you.

Or it could be the aid we give them already, not directly tied to this incident.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2023, 03:09:05 AM
Quote from: Josquius on October 20, 2023, 03:06:21 AMI've definitely heard of billions of aid to Israel. Though it could well be the same deal as much of the Ukrainian aid where its we spent £2 billion on these missiles in 2004 , you can have them, so we mark in our taxes we've donated £2 billion to you.

Or it could be the aid we give them already, not directly tied to this incident.

I don't think Biden would have done a presidential TV address to the nation about that though.