News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Times of Israel is reporting that a source has indicated Netanyahu told Biden a ground invasion is "inevitable."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 09, 2023, 12:35:39 PMI think a major concern for the Western powers is this could expand to involve Hezbollah and even Iran. I think that is what the leaders of US / UK / Germany / France are supposedly meeting about.

Western European countries have the additional issue of having lots of muslims in their cities. And as ISIS showed: a lot of them are willing to kill, and a lot are willing to accommodate the first group.
Expect terror alert warning to go up a few notches

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 08, 2023, 10:18:30 PMThe merits or lack thereof of the various sides and factions in and outside of Israel are not really pertinent at this point.
I disagree about your introduction.

Israel has every right to defend itself.  It has no choice but to do so.  We are in agreement.

But the constant colonization had to stop.  You recognized it yourself that Israel lost its soul, at some point.

This is the result: constant warfare.

Israel colonizes and humiliates Palestinians.  Fence, blocus, bombardment and military incursion do not prevent Hamas from rearming and recruiting new "soldiers".

Hamas strikes again at Israel.

Rince & repeat.

It has to stop.  Hamas will not stop by itself.  Hamas will not talk about of peace.  Fatah might be willing to if Israel gives some territory back to create a viable Palestinian state. But when the State keeps colonies pushing while it talks of peace is not really credible.

And is the Israeli society willing to accept that kind of peace?  A good third of the population is unwilling to.  About the same proportion of Palestinians who seem to support the more radical agenda of the Hamas.

I do not think there is a genuine interest from the current government to make any kind of peace with the Palestinians, or grant them any kind of territory.  They want them gone, plain and simple, especially after this week-end.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 09, 2023, 02:56:20 PMWestern European countries have the additional issue of having lots of muslims in their cities. And as ISIS showed: a lot of them are willing to kill, and a lot are willing to accommodate the first group.
"A lot" is relative.  There's roughly 1 billion Muslims in the world.  100 killers is a small percentage.  There's a lot more Christian killers in the US per year than that.  Good boys that go to Church every Sunday.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

OttoVonBismarck

QuoteThere are some 1,500 bodies of Palestinian terrorists in Israeli territory, Channel 13 news reports, without citing a source.

The Israel Defense Forces has estimated it has killed hundreds of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad gunmen who infiltrated Israel since Saturday morning.

On the Gaza side, at least 687 people have been killed after Israel launched air strikes on the Palestinian enclave in response.

If true this would be a sign of just how crazily large the incursion was.

PJL

Quote from: viper37 on October 09, 2023, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 08, 2023, 10:18:30 PMThe merits or lack thereof of the various sides and factions in and outside of Israel are not really pertinent at this point.
I disagree about your introduction.

Israel has every right to defend itself.  It has no choice but to do so.  We are in agreement.

But the constant colonization had to stop.  You recognized it yourself that Israel lost its soul, at some point.

This is the result: constant warfare.

Israel colonizes and humiliates Palestinians.  Fence, blocus, bombardment and military incursion do not prevent Hamas from rearming and recruiting new "soldiers".

Hamas strikes again at Israel.

Rince & repeat.

It has to stop.  Hamas will not stop by itself.  Hamas will not talk about of peace.  Fatah might be willing to if Israel gives some territory back to create a viable Palestinian state. But when the State keeps colonies pushing while it talks of peace is not really credible.

And is the Israeli society willing to accept that kind of peace?  A good third of the population is unwilling to.  About the same proportion of Palestinians who seem to support the more radical agenda of the Hamas.

I do not think there is a genuine interest from the current government to make any kind of peace with the Palestinians, or grant them any kind of territory.  They want them gone, plain and simple, especially after this week-end.

Curiously, the one area where Israel did in fact stop 'colonising' was in Gaza, and it's the one area that has given it the most grief. So that's not the issue. And arguably what may happen now (hopefully) is probably the best chance of stopping the pre-war situation, through another military occupation. Not nice for the people living there, but I suspect will actually be a bit better for them then living under Hamas rule.

Hamilcar

QuoteBut the constant colonization had to stop.

Jews are the natives of an Israel. Arab Muslims are the colonizers.

Josquius

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 09, 2023, 04:10:21 PM
QuoteBut the constant colonization had to stop.

Jews are the natives of an Israel. Arab Muslims are the colonizers.

Come on.
Are you saying the US has claim to Europe since that's where a majority of its people's ancestors come from?
Youre comparing events from nearly 2 millenia ago vs. Those ongoing today.
██████
██████
██████

OttoVonBismarck

Bro we don't want Europe. Bunch of declining populations filled with old white lefties and exploding populations of unassimilated Muslims.

I'd let Greece in though just for the vacations.

Josquius

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 09, 2023, 04:28:27 PMBro we don't want Europe. Bunch of declining populations filled with old white lefties and exploding populations of unassimilated Muslims.

I'd let Greece in though just for the vacations.

If its done the Israeli way the Europeans are pretty irrelevant.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 09, 2023, 03:48:46 PM
QuoteThere are some 1,500 bodies of Palestinian terrorists in Israeli territory, Channel 13 news reports, without citing a source.

The Israel Defense Forces has estimated it has killed hundreds of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad gunmen who infiltrated Israel since Saturday morning.

On the Gaza side, at least 687 people have been killed after Israel launched air strikes on the Palestinian enclave in response.

I heard say that sources mentioned 1,000 attackers, a number Hamas also put out. So that 1,600 killed is believable.

Also in the videos from the border break-ins there were plenty of unarmed civilians running through into Israeli, some just seemed to go to see what was on the other side, I'm guessing other's went exploring/looting and other's probably became involved in some of the kidnappings, ad hoc or planned.

Given they were entering a war zone, I'd not be surprised if hundreds of those were also killed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 09, 2023, 02:41:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2023, 01:53:58 PMIsrael isn't going to destroy Hamas.  Hamas will live on the hearts of every child that believe Jews are descended from pigs and apes.

Go fuck yourself.

Hami, Raz's 'point' and POV is supporting Israeli.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on October 09, 2023, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 09, 2023, 02:56:20 PMWestern European countries have the additional issue of having lots of muslims in their cities. And as ISIS showed: a lot of them are willing to kill, and a lot are willing to accommodate the first group.
"A lot" is relative.  There's roughly 1 billion Muslims in the world.  100 killers is a small percentage.  There's a lot more Christian killers in the US per year than that.  Good boys that go to Church every Sunday.
a small percentage of none would be better.

Josquius

Quotea small percentage of none would be better.

Ultron has realised the way to stop all crime is to simply wipe out all humans.

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2023, 04:32:18 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 09, 2023, 03:48:46 PM

I heard say that sources mentioned 1,000 attackers, a number Hamas also put out. So that 1,600 killed is believable.

Also in the videos from the border break-ins there were plenty of unarmed civilians running through into Israeli, some just seemed to go to see what was on the other side, I'm guessing other's went exploring/looting and other's probably became involved in some of the kidnappings, ad hoc or planned.

Given they were entering a war zone, I'd not be surprised if hundreds of those were also killed.

From all I've heard of life in Gaza can't say I blame those who used this as an excuse for a prison break.
Fingers crossed Israel doesn't conflate them with the killers too much and get overly trigger happy.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 09, 2023, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 09, 2023, 03:42:23 PM
a small percentage of none would be better.

Can someone just lift the arm from the platter and place the stylus back in it's cradle, the click-click sound is getting annoying.