News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Puzzles

Started by Admiral Yi, June 12, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Now I get RH's clue. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The time had come when the father of two sons was to decide who would receive his fortune.

They both kneeled before the aged man as he spoke. "You will both race your camels to the nearest city. The owner of whichever camel arrives at the gates second will receive my fortunes."

Confused, both men rode their camels toward the city, step by step, as slow as they could. As luck would have it, the Great Sage was passing by. Seeing him, they pleaded for his wisdom.

"How might we resolve this such that it doesn't take the rest of our lives," said the first man.

"And yet it must be in a competitive manner," added the second. "Neither of us are willing to concede."

The Great Sage stroked his beard and shared his wisdom.

On hearing his advice, both men ran back to the camels and raced toward the city as fast as they could.

What was the Great Sage's suggestion?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

They switched camels.

Liep

Quote from: frunk on June 13, 2013, 11:14:31 AM
They switched camels.
Yes, a bit easy, but it was the only one I could think of.

lustindarkness

Little person, midget is not pc anymore. :D

I had not heard the camels one, pretty good.

Next.?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Viking

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 13, 2013, 11:27:10 AM
Little person, midget is not pc anymore. :D

I had not heard the camels one, pretty good.

Next.?

Imp will return as the preferred phrase for stunted dwarfish midgets.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

frunk

Don't have one, so open floor.

lustindarkness

Quote from: frunk on June 13, 2013, 11:40:16 AM
Don't have one, so open floor.

An easy one. What goes up but never down?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

fhdz

My ex-wife never went down :(
and the horse you rode in on

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water.  The bartender reaches under the bar, pulls out a handgun, points it at the man's head, and pulls the trigger.  The gun is not loaded.  The first man says thank you and walks out of the bar.

Liep

I have a feeling I might have heard it before, so:

[spoiler]Hiccup? The gun was to shock it out of him.[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

ulmont

Quote from: frunk on June 13, 2013, 11:14:31 AM
They switched camels.

I'd seen this one as a bicycle race, I think in Encyclopedia Brown.