News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Puzzles

Started by Admiral Yi, June 12, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

There is a period of silence which means the third man sees a white hat and so stays quiet because he does not know what colour hat he has - ie he doesnt see two black hats so his could be either black or white.

The second man is also quiet which means the first man's hat must be white.  If it was black the middle man would know that his hat was white. 

edit: nevermind

Viking

Again, any yes and no questions. No special knowledge of the technical details of frequency modulation needed. But, seriously you should realize that there is no such thing as FM waves. FM is a way of encoding information into radio waves.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Deaf or has become deaf.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

He heard a man's voice singing in the car.  He realized he had been cuckolded when the radio didn't work.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 12, 2013, 06:34:15 PM
He heard a man's voice singing in the car.  He realized he had been cuckolded when the radio didn't work.

While not the answer, show your reasoning, how did you get there?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2013, 06:36:12 PM
While not the answer, show your reasoning, how did you get there?

He asked his wife who was that singing in the car, wife said it was the radio.  When the radio didn't work he knew it was a man.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2013, 06:27:55 PMI solved it many years ago. But I solved if fair and square that time. Unlike DGuller I have a puzzle, similar to the death in childbirth puzzle above.

Late at night a man drives his car to his place of work. He turns on his fm radio. He hears only static. He pulls out his gun and shoots himself in the head. Why did he kill himself?

Is his place of work a radio broadcaster or otherwise related to radio broadcasting?

Admiral Yi

He killed himself because he realized that mankind had been wiped out in a thermonuclear holocaust.

Liep

It's a The Mist-kind of situation. He fears the worst and preëmptively shoots himself.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on June 12, 2013, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2013, 06:27:55 PMI solved it many years ago. But I solved if fair and square that time. Unlike DGuller I have a puzzle, similar to the death in childbirth puzzle above.

Late at night a man drives his car to his place of work. He turns on his fm radio. He hears only static. He pulls out his gun and shoots himself in the head. Why did he kill himself?

Is his place of work a radio broadcaster or otherwise related to radio broadcasting?

Yes

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 12, 2013, 06:44:56 PM
It's a The Mist-kind of situation. He fears the worst and preëmptively shoots himself.
No
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 12, 2013, 06:44:25 PM
He killed himself because he realized that mankind had been wiped out in a thermonuclear holocaust.
and No

Liep

It's Greece, he realises that the government just fired him.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Because he was supposed to be on-air at the time?

Or through some other failure to perform a work function?

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 12, 2013, 06:53:31 PM
It's Greece, he realises that the government just fired him.

No

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 12, 2013, 06:53:46 PM
Because he was supposed to be on-air at the time?

Yes