Israel pissed off at Austrian withdrawal from Golan Heights

Started by Syt, June 07, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Warspite on June 09, 2013, 09:22:58 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on June 08, 2013, 02:43:36 PM
If they are not there ready to fight, what the fuck are we sending them for?

Because it's an observer force.

The Bekaa Valley could be covered with warehouses full of ordinance and they wouldn't have a clue. And unless things have changed much lately, their partners on patrol in the Lebanese Armed Forces are under Syrian influence.

UNIFIL is effectively a human-shield force and little more.

Malthus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on June 09, 2013, 09:31:17 AM
Not surprising at all. A more egregious case of this happened shortly before the 1973 war.

Oh by the way, how's the UN supervised disarmament of Hezbollah progressing?

The most famous example was immediately prior to the 1967 war. Nasser ordered the UN peacekeepers out of the Sinai - and they left.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Warspite

Quote from: Iormlund on June 09, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

The Bekaa Valley could be covered with warehouses full of ordinance and they wouldn't have a clue. And unless things have changed much lately, their partners on patrol in the Lebanese Armed Forces are under Syrian influence.

I'm talking about the Golan mission. UNIFIL can't really do much because it does not have the mandate or resources to wade into complex sectarian politics.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Iormlund

I see. That particular discussion was on the Spanish UNIFIL task force.

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on June 09, 2013, 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on June 09, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

I'm talking about the Golan mission. UNIFIL can't really do much because it does not have the mandate or resources to wade into complex sectarian politics.

The difference between Golan and Syria is that Assad can get away with not fighting, Hizbullah can't.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.