News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Deacon Jones

Started by PDH, June 04, 2013, 07:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

He was a terror.  The sack is his stat.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

The prototype defensive end:  fast, strong, with a lanky wingspan that swallowed QBs.

Rosey Grier's the only one left now.  :(

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Great great player.  Those Rams teams of the 60s and 70s are amongst the best teams never to win the Super Bowl.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

There's excerpts of his biography online; with all the sheer bullshit he had to go through as a black player in the South of the the 1950s, how he still managed to maintain his dignity, his humor and his good nature is  more of a credit to the man than anything he did on the field.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
There's excerpts of his biography online; with all the sheer bullshit he had to go through as a black player in the South of the the 1950s, how he still managed to maintain his dignity, his humor and his good nature is  more of a credit to the man than anything he did on the field.
Cause what he did on the field was cause concussions.  Oh, and establish the standard for sacks.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Stop hating black athletes in the South of the the 1950's.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2013, 08:26:30 PM

I have to admit it would take alot of guts to be racist towards Deacon Jones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."