Firefox Views of Wikipedia

Started by alfred russel, June 02, 2013, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I usually use firefox to surf the net, but today it started showing wikipedia in a somewhat distorted format (pictures appear at the bottom of the text rather than embedded to the right as they should and "edit" written next to headings as a couple of examples).

Internet explorer shows the articles normally.

Does anyone know how to make firefox go back to the old way of showing wikipedia?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

viper37

Does this look right to you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu%E1%BA%BF_chemical_attacks
It seems ok to me...

Do you have the latest version?  Did you install any add-ons?  If you force-reload (SHIFT+Reload button) does it correct itself?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

alfred russel

Quote from: viper37 on June 03, 2013, 01:54:29 PM
Does this look right to you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu%E1%BA%BF_chemical_attacks
It seems ok to me...

Do you have the latest version?  Did you install any add-ons?  If you force-reload (SHIFT+Reload button) does it correct itself?

Whoa...I have the latest version, and don't think I installed add-ons, and when I first clicked your link it didn't look right....

But then I force reloaded like you suggested, and now it is right. I don't know what happened, but the problem is fixed. Thanks.  :hug:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014