Kettle that looks like Hitler brews trouble for JCPenney

Started by Syt, May 28, 2013, 11:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I wanted to teach my kids to salute the teapot.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2013, 06:22:21 PM
I wanted to teach my kids to salute the teapot.  :cry:

You can start them off with saluting the gravy boat and work your way up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Heh, I have a couple gravy boats.  THEY'RE MOORED ON GRAVY BOAT ROW

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've been kinda on vacation.  Not posting and not reading a lot of threads.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2013, 09:35:51 PM

The Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. WHERE IS YOUR HOOD NOW?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2013, 09:35:51 PM

My basically-brother-in-law and I came up with an idea for a company that sells household items emblazoned with goofy shit. One of our "products" was a gravy boat that has "we're going to need a bigger boat" stenciled on it.
and the horse you rode in on

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HVC on May 29, 2013, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2013, 11:29:54 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2013, 10:03:32 AM
I'm reading that it sold out shortly after it went viral.

http://business.time.com/2013/05/29/jcpenneys-hitler-tea-kettle-sells-out-online/
1. Make product that vaguely looks like Hitler.
2. Create huge billboard for the product and post a picture on Reddit, Tumblr etc.
3. PROFIT.
i smell an opportunity for Languish Inc.!

Our flagship product could be a matching pot and kettle set. :P
Experience bij!