North Korea just conducted another nuclear test

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, May 25, 2009, 12:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Say, bin laden buys a nuke from North Korea and detonates it in a US city.  What can the US do to prevent this?

Tamas

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2009, 04:01:59 AM
Say, bin laden buys a nuke from North Korea and deonates it in a US city.  What can the US do to prevent this?

Ape

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2009, 04:01:59 AM
Say, bin laden buys a nuke from North Korea and deonates it in a US city.  What can the US do to prevent this?

Quote from: Cpl. Dwayne HicksNuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

Monoriu

All the US will know is that somebody detonated a nuke on US soil.  Is there any way to find out where that nuke is from?  It can come from a variety of sources, e.g. Pakistan, Iran, even Russia. 

Tamas

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2009, 04:08:00 AM
All the US will know is that somebody deonated a nuke on US soil.  Is there any way to find out where that nuke is from?  It can come from a variety of sources, e.g. Pakistan, Iran, even Russia.

AFAIK you can ID the mine the uranium was from.

Josquius

I wonder if they did it underground so it'd be hard for us to laugh at their teeny-tiny bomb this time.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on May 27, 2009, 05:12:32 AM
I wonder if they did it underground so it'd be hard for us to laugh at their teeny-tiny bomb this time.

If they did it above ground I think China would have something to say about radiation poisoning - the site was very close to China. 

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2009, 05:26:30 AM

If they did it above ground I think China would have something to say about radiation poisoning - the site was very close to China.
Why?  It's not like the Chinese care about their automatons anymore than I do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2009, 04:46:38 AM
All the US will know is that somebody deonated a nuke on US soil.  Is there any way to find out where that nuke is from?  It can come from a variety of sources, e.g. Pakistan, Iran, even Russia.

Possibly the mine, pretty sure they can ID the reactor/enrichment facility. As long as they have a previous sample, of course

jimmy olsen

I read it was 10 times as powerful as their last one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2009, 08:46:40 AM
So...nearly Hiroshima?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on May 27, 2009, 08:54:14 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2009, 08:46:40 AM
So...nearly Hiroshima?
Pretty much
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2009, 05:26:30 AM

So why doesn't China have anything to say about North Korea's nuclear program in the first place? 

North Korea will screw China over and China will like it just like usual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2009, 04:46:38 AM

That's a myth to make the civilians feel safer in the certainty that IDing the nuke will work as a deterrance.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"