Wisconsin boy gets handwritten response from Biden

Started by garbon, May 14, 2013, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-boy-gets-handwritten-response-biden-112526979.html

QuoteIt might not be unusual for schoolchildren to write to the president or vice president. But one Wisconsin boy got an unexpectedly personal response.

The 7-year-old, second-grade student at Downtown Montessori Academy wrote a letter to Vice President Joe Biden and other officials a few months ago with a simple idea for making the world safer.

His teacher Jenny Aicher says his letter suggested that if guns shot chocolate bullets, no one would get hurt.

The student — and the rest of the school — got a surprise Monday when Biden's handwritten response arrived in the mail.

In the note, the vice president says he agrees that chocolate bullets would make the country safer and happier. The note concludes: "People love chocolate. You are a good boy, Joe Biden."

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Can we make a gun that fires chocolate bullets in that 3D printer thing?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 12:52:49 PM
Red nail polish and heels?  Weird kid.

Loves chocolate...EVIDENCE IS IRREFUTABLE, YOUR HONOR
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

It'd be kind of hard to kill anyone if all bullets were made out of chocolate.  Stupid hippie kid. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 12:50:54 PM
Can we make a gun that fires chocolate bullets in that 3D printer thing?

Soft or hard?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

This happens. People do actually respond to their mail from time to time. I got a handwritten letter from Governor (Mario)Cuomo when I was a kid. I didn't call a press conference about it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 14, 2013, 01:59:00 PM
This happens. People do actually respond to their mail from time to time. I got a handwritten letter from Governor (Mario)Cuomo when I was a kid. I didn't call a press conference about it.

Mario :wub:

lustindarkness

The problem is the criminals will continue to use real bullets, while cops would be issued chocolate ones.
Also, when Homeland Security ordered their 5 billion bullets it would create a chocolate shortage and prices would go up, My Wife would not be happy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall