Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 06:31:52 PM
These scandals must have Raz's pucker factor way up :lol:

None of them qualify as scandals.

:lol:  So while Raz is doing his panicky googling to try & make himself feel better, you just sit there & deny. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 06:36:29 PM
I'd have to think Gibbs would be handling things a little better.

Unfortunately for them, Gibbs went pro.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 06:37:40 PM
:lol:  So while Raz is doing his panicky googling to try & make himself feel better, you just sit there & deny.

No, I sit and wait.

The Benghazi thing is McCain/Graham/Paul masturbatory bullshit, the AP thing is kosher so far albeit heavy-handed, and the IRS thing is due diligence until proven otherwise.
Public Relations image concerns, yeah.  Scandals?  No.  We know what scandals look like, dercolonelnorth.

Razgovory

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?  As much as you like to think about my asshole, I'm not worried about fictional scandals.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 06:41:24 PM

No, I sit and wait.

The Benghazi thing is McCain/Graham/Paul masturbatory bullshit, the AP thing is kosher so far albeit heavy-handed, and the IRS thing is due diligence until proven otherwise.
Public Relations image concerns, yeah.  Scandals?  No.  We know what scandals look like, dercolonelnorth.

You know for the Benghazi thing being the worst scandal that has ever rocked the United States, I haven't seen what sort of actual crime was committed.  Teapot dome, Watergate, Iran Contra they all had a criminal aspect to them.  I've yet to see our conservative friends float out exactly what law was violated.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 06:33:08 PM

None of them qualify as scandals.

I was curious where you got this narcissism thing.  After all, you said yourself, you're just the messenger.

derspiess

Pretty much all politicians are narcissists to some degree. Obama just happens to have a heavier dose of it.  Sorry it hurts you so much to hear that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Sheilbh

Quote from: 11B4V on May 14, 2013, 04:24:13 PM

Yea this IRS shit may turn out to be a big shit boomerang.
Agreed.

Benghazi isn't. If you can't explain the scandal in a sentence it's not a scandal. Stop :bleeding:

QuoteNone of them qualify as scandals.
I think the IRS is. Don't care about AP. Benghazi is the world's first deconstructionist political scandal.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2013, 07:02:31 PM
Benghazi isn't. If you can't explain the scandal in a sentence it's not a scandal. Stop :bleeding:

Check out today's FT.  Surprisingly harsh.  (From memory)

"It is now clear that in order to gain electoral advantage, the Obama White House downplayed the connection to terrorism in the days following the attack."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2013, 07:06:39 PM
"It is now clear that in order to gain electoral advantage, the Obama White House downplayed the connection to terrorism in the days following the attack."

Just because they want it to be doesn't make it so.

derspiess

Sheilbh

Relevant section:
QuoteThe same applies to the Obama administration's response to the Benghazi terrorist attack, which Senator John McCain has labelled a "cover-up". Again, the allegations are overwrought. Republicans are desperate to land serious blows on the president when their fortunes are low. Yet there is no evidence to suggest US forces could have prevented the attack. It is clear that for electoral reasons, Mr Obama's White House played down talk of terrorism for several days after the attack. This inquiry, too, could snowball unless the administration fully co-operates.

This is the scandal? For all the talk of consulates that should've been shut down or security warnings that were ignored, the real scandal is that the White House 'played down talk of terrorism for several days'?

I thought this was like the lefty-mentals saying Bush knew about 9/11 or ignored the warnings. At least that would have justified the outrage.

Edit: Incidentally I'd compare this with the PP's response after the Madrid bombing - that was a scandal. This? Not so much.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 07:17:57 PM
Lies are still lies.
Maybe. But playing something down isn't necessarily lying. At worst it seems like they were 'economical with the truth'.
Let's bomb Russia!