News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

QuoteThe IRS did not respond to requests for comment Monday.

IRS stonewall.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Iormlund

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 07:22:35 PM... officials also zeroed in on groups ... that were interested in... improving America...

The IRS is against improving America? The bastards!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 11:18:52 AM
Ouch-- 4 Pinocchios :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-claim-he-called-benghazi-an-act-of-terrorism/2013/05/13/7b65b83e-bc14-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_blog.html?wprss=rss_politics

:huh:

So he says repeatedly in interviews that it's too early to say what happened, that they don't know, that it's still being worked out... and you're focusing on whether or not he put "-ism" at the end of terror?

Again, I ask. How does this directly change anything?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2013, 11:33:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 11:18:52 AM
Ouch-- 4 Pinocchios :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-claim-he-called-benghazi-an-act-of-terrorism/2013/05/13/7b65b83e-bc14-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_blog.html?wprss=rss_politics

So he says repeatedly in interviews that it's too early to say what happened, that they don't know, that it's still being worked out... and you're focusing on whether or not he put "-ism" at the end of terror?

Ask the person who wrote the article.  I just relayed it, so don't shoot the messenger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
Ask the person who wrote the article.  Don't shoot the messenger.

Unless you decided to post this article under his orders you are not his messenger.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

That's only one line in the article.  The meat of the indictment is that his claim during the debate doesn't hold up, not so much because of the distinction between act of terror and terrorist act, but he never made an affirmative statement that the Benghazi attack was either.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2013, 11:44:58 AM

That's only one line in the article.  The meat of the indictment is that his claim during the debate doesn't hold up, not so much because of the distinction between act of terror and terrorist act, but he never made an affirmative statement that the Benghazi attack was either.

:contract:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
[/quote]

:hmm: Well, I suppose you could argue that this doesn't directly change anything.  I suppose you, Meri, could hold the principled position that a lie that doesn't result in loss of life, property, or injury doesn't really matter.  Or I suppose you, Meri, could hold the partisan position that it doesn't ever matter when my guy lies.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2013, 11:58:19 AM
:hmm: Well, I suppose you could argue that this doesn't directly change anything.  I suppose you, Meri, could hold the principled position that a lie that doesn't result in loss of life, property, or injury doesn't really matter.  Or I suppose you, Meri, could hold the partisan position that it doesn't ever matter when my guy lies.

I'd wonder why we are beating this horse to death if it doesn't change anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

It's the "lie" part that I don't get. If it's a lie - as in he's deliberately trying to mislead people - it's an awfully small one. I mean, he's not saying that no one died. He's not saying that additional support wasn't requested. He's not saying that those requests were denied. Those would be big lies - important lies - to me. But this? Really? He's a politician. They all do everything they can to put every situation in the best possible light for themselves.

As for the partisan thing, do you really think that no one noticed when Bush pulled this stuff? Was it trotted out with words like "impeachment!" when he did? Again I say, it's not a partisan thing, it's a politician thing. To keep harping on it as if it's news is just... worthless.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 11:40:21 AM

Unless you decided to post this article under his orders you are not his messenger.

I volunteered  :sleep:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2013, 12:06:41 PM
As for the partisan thing, do you really think that no one noticed when Bush pulled this stuff? Was it trotted out with words like "impeachment!" when he did? Again I say, it's not a partisan thing, it's a politician thing. To keep harping on it as if it's news is just... worthless.

Well yes there was a resolution put forth to impeach him. Also per wiki, fun Nancy made a series of odd statements.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

You have got to be shitting me.  I mean politicians lie so much they even lie when they are telling the truth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 12:08:55 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 11:40:21 AM

I volunteered  :sleep:

I am just saying, do not be a Tim here.  You shouldn't refuse to provide commentary on an article you introduced to the conversation :P