News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The Languish Olds have Spoken. Zoups is disqualified!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 21, 2016, 06:15:22 PM
So has Ank's return doubled the number of unapologetic Bernie "Bros" on the forum?  Just to take a headcount.

I would have voted for Sanders if I'd voted this cycle. I think Meri and Max did. Actually, the forum  supported Bernie overall, though sadly I think most of the Americans went for Hil.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2016, 06:25:15 PM
The Languish Olds have Spoken. Zoups is disqualified!

He stays on the roster.  We agree we're not going to put him in, but he stays on the roster.  The decision is final.
-- General Manager, Bernie Bros Athletic Club
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Teach is added to the list, Meri and Max are penciled in.  Remember, we're talking current Bros.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ed Anger

Keep adding to the list. Trump will need them for the round ups.

Capetan Mihali

You wish.  The man couldn't organize a Wannsee in his wildest dreams.  Who is loyal to him?  Just a bunch of flunkies, not charismatic WWI heroes and very intelligent strategists willing to lay down their lives for him and his dream.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2016, 06:22:49 PM
Yes, that's doubled the "I Pout With McGovern '72" buttons around here.\

Don't worry the order for the "I Voted In 4 More Years Of Spiraling Economic Inequality Under The Democratic Banner" buttons has already been placed.  With a union shop in the US, of course.

jimmy olsen

So has Ank's return doubled the number of unapologetic Bernie "Bros" on the forum?  Just to take a headcount.

What counts as unapologetic?  I would certainly prefer Bernie, but will have no problem voting for Clinton in the fall given she's facing a literal fascist.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2016, 07:58:24 PM
What counts as unapologetic?  I would certainly prefer Bernie, but will have no problem voting for Clinton in the fall given she's facing a literal fascist.

PURGE

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2016, 07:58:24 PM

:hug: Tim, you're on the roster.  What happens post-Bernie, happens post-Bernie.

EDIT:  Though I should say: Trump may "fascistic" tendencies, he is very far from being a "literal fascist."  If the word is to have any definite meaning; it's usually the right-wing arguing that "fascist" has become a meaningless pejorative, not the left.

Capetan Mihali

The Bros are lining up.  We're currently fielding:

T. Ortiz
E. Teach
A. Clanker
M. Thyn
C. Mihali
Z. Oupa, on loan from the Expos for the primary season.

I've taken the liberty of adding Meri to the roster -- though I may be mistaken -- but I need more solid info to include M. Imus if I'm to be prudent.

It's great to have Tim, Puerto Ricans are notoriously great at the sport. :cheers:

Eddie Teach

I'd really rather we changed the team name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

I made the team!

Suck it, Money and Monkeybutt.

I wanna see BLOOD ON THE FLOOR in Philly.  :ph34r:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 21, 2016, 08:44:23 PM
The Bros are lining up.  We're currently fielding:

T. Ortiz
E. Teach
A. Clanker
M. Thyn
C. Mihali
Z. Oupa, on loan from the Expos for the primary season.

I've taken the liberty of adding Meri to the roster -- though I may be mistaken -- but I need more solid info to include M. Imus if I'm to be prudent.

It's great to have Tim, Puerto Ricans are notoriously great at the sport. :cheers:

List is tainted.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 21, 2016, 09:04:50 PM
I'd really rather we changed the team name.

Hey, we didn't pick it, the Clinton Shills did.  The Burlington Berners sounds good to me.

EDIT:  And they can take the Chappaqua Charlatans, given the home base in the most exclusive part of the multimillion dollar Westchester suburbs that allowed her to run for NY senator.