And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on May 04, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:38:02 AM
So, in other words, Dorsey's "there would yet be the possibility of keeping Trump from being the nominee" is purely delusional and simply sour grapes/inability to admit he was so so wrong?
In theory, as far as I know, GOP can change the rules to say that you need 100% of delegates to get the nomination, and if you fall short, it's open season.  In practice it's unlikely, but this is an unusual year in politics to say the least.

Priebus has already said Trump is a presumptive nominee. I don't see them doing anything like this.

Valmy

So, in other words, Dorsey's "there would yet be the possibility of keeping Trump from being the nominee" is purely delusional and simply sour grapes/inability to admit he was so so wrong?
In theory, as far as I know, GOP can change the rules to say that you need 100% of delegates to get the nomination, and if you fall short, it's open season.  In practice it's unlikely, but this is an unusual year in politics to say the least.

The GOP has no choice but to nominate Trump now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 03, 2016, 08:34:01 PM...analogous to hockey and soccer nets

Can't speak for hockey, but "the net" is perfectly acceptable for soccer.

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 11:54:21 AM

For the Watch.  :ph34r:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:54:13 AM

Priebus has already said Trump is a presumptive nominee. I don't see them doing anything like this.
I did say it's unlikely, but should there be a will to do this, Priebus is unlikely to have much of a say in it.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on May 04, 2016, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 11:54:21 AM

For the Watch.  :ph34r:

We all know how well it all ended up for Thorne and the rest of the #NeverSnow crowd. ;)

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:49:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 11:38:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:33:57 AM
Why would anyone in GOP who is not insane would want to stop Trump at the moment?

Wait are you saying that putting Donald Trump in the White House is a non-insane thing to do? Dude life is about more than just LULZ on the internet.

I think he would be a better President than people fear.

Putin thinks quite highly of him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 04, 2016, 11:55:47 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:54:13 AM

I did say it's unlikely, but should there be a will to do this, Priebus is unlikely to have much of a say in it.

There won't be a will to do so without something happening between now and the convention.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:49:14 AM
Ok if your point is that you are right that Trump will not get nomination because he gets assassinated, then this is really no longer a reasonable discussion.  :lol:

My point is that months ago I strongly stated that Trump would not be the nominee. I gave lots of reasons why, including that I believed he had a greater than normal chance of assassination if he stood to actually get somewhere.

As such, I think it would be premature to admit I was wrong. As I said to BB, it doesn't look good for me, but still, Trump won't be the nominee until the convention.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2016, 12:08:26 PM
Kasich has pulled out?
He was fourth in a two-man race, so it was about time.