News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

So DGuller has poor reading comprehension (I'm not knocking him for it), and the Israeli bombing of an American ship is a joke to two other posters?  Got it.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

jimmy olsen

Trump needs to win 272 delegates today according to 538 IIRC.  So, 9 down and 263 to go.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:04:01 AM
Are you drunk Capetan?

In vino veritas, I believe someone once said.  It's 7:00am here and I haven't caught a wink, I admit.  Not drunk in the slightest, though I had two beers a few hours ago.  Still, it's funny that anything anti-Israel = drunk/insane/antisemite, while any other nation is fair game.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:04:01 AM
Are you drunk Capetan?

In vino veritas, I believe someone once said.  It's 7:00am here and I haven't caught a wink, I admit.  Not drunk in the slightest, though I had two beers a few hours ago.  Still, it's funny that anything anti-Israel = drunk/insane/antisemite, while any other nation is fair game.

I get what you're trying to say, but your writing is disorganized and excited.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

:lol:  THE JEWS ARE TRYING TO GET ME COMMITTED

Lettow77

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:05:38 AM
Trump needs to win 272 delegates today according to 538 IIRC.  So, 9 down and 263 to go.

538 takes an incredibly pessimistic view of how many delegates he'll take among the eastern seaboard when looking at places like New York or Rhode Island. Since he'll haul in a bag full of no-good very bad yankees, I don't think its quite accurate he needs 272 just right this minute.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
The fact that you can talk about supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War (note: I never said the Israelis wouldn't try ethnic cleansing campaigns on their own, only that the lobby of the State of Israel i.e. the Jewish State of Israel, not a State without explicit ethnic supremacy, exercised "near-complete" control of US policy) without mentioning the USS Liberty is a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people, I fear.

It would be odd to mention the Liberty in connection with "supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War" because the Liberty was hit a few days *after* the war started.  So barring extraordinary precognition by LBJ (or a conspiracy) the attack on the Liberty could not possibly have been a consideration of US policy in the run-up to the war.

There may be an "ingrained bias" here but it doesn't seem to be from Malthus.

QuoteHell, if the US had charged in on the Israeli side back in '67, we might have ended up in all-out war with the Soviets. 

Just like Nixon's aid in 1973 started WW3.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 09:07:12 AM

No accusing Malthus of his deep ingrained hatred of all Palestinians was the thing not the anti-Israel thing :lol:

QuoteIt hasn't been repeated, and the plight of the Arabs caught in the Israeli net has only gotten worse.

How is the plight of Jews in the Arab net doing? Ethnic conflict, it ain't pretty. But there are not white hats and black hats. Just nationalists being assholes. Some people just like to pretend one sides shit stinks less than the other. I just wish my country was not one of them.

'Oh the poor innocent Arabs!' Please.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

I think it is safe to assume that languishites don't get drunk while posting. 

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 15, 2016, 09:16:31 AM\
It would be odd to talk mention the Liberty in connection with "supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War" because the Liberty was hit a few days *after* the war started.  So barring extraordinary precognition by LBJ (or a conspiracy) the attack on the Liberty could not possibly have been a consideration of US policy in the run-up to the war.

Would be odd *not* to mention it, when discussing Israeli desires for American warships, wouldn't it?

QuoteThere may be an "ingrained bias" here but it doesn't seem to be from Malthus.

I fully admit to my ingrained bias against warmongers and ethnic cleansing.  Malthus is getting his lines straight from the AIPAC workbook.

Just like Nixon's aid in 1973 started WW3.

After Sadat won the war, no?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 09:16:50 AM
But there are not white hats and black hats. Just nationalists being assholes.

"People just think there are black hats and white hats, but there are black hats with white linings. And white hats with black linings. And there are hats that change back and forth between white and black. And there are striped hats. Evil rests in the soul of all men."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on March 15, 2016, 09:19:59 AM
I think it is safe to assume that languishites don't get drunk while posting.
I'm drinking right now.

1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:05:38 AM

It's gonna be a weird night. Rubio's gonna lose Florida, while Kasich will surely carry Ohio. If Rubio drops, Kasich will end up taking up the establishment crown just by being stubborn.  :lol: