News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

@trump embodies america: I think the US is pretty good with its race relations, so I dunno about that

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2016, 12:31:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2016, 12:26:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2016, 01:48:24 AM
Marty, Psychology has moved on since Carl Jung.  This is a really weird thing with you.  Why do you keep using theories that were popular 70 years ago or more?

Stop Razzing shit up, man.

He's raising a fair point. A fairer one than Mart's ridiculous analysis.

Bah, Darwinism is over 70 years old, too.

#JungStrong

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

So, people with mental health issues are saying that Jung is wrong. Hmm.  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2016, 06:33:07 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/02/donald-trump-releases-his-healthcare-plan

QuoteDonald Trump releases his healthcare plan in campaign statement

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump has released his healthcare platform, which the candidate claims "will broaden healthcare access, make healthcare more affordable and improve the quality of the care available to all Americans".

In a seven-point list of initiatives, Trump calls for

• The repeal of the Affordable Care Act, more popularly known as Obamacare, as well as the individual mandate that requires Americans to purchase health insurance.
  • Allowing the sale of insurance across state lines by repealing the McCarran–Ferguson Act.
  • Allowing individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their taxes, as businesses can.
  • Allowing all individuals to use health savings accounts, rather than just those with high-deductible health plans.
  • Requiring "price transparency" from healthcare providers, including doctors, clinics and hospitals.
  • Turning Medicaid into a block grant to the states, decentralizing the social welfare program from federal control.
  • Removing "barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products", weakening control of the pharmaceutical industry and the Food and Drug Administration over drug testing, production and approval.

"The reforms outlined above will lower healthcare costs for all Americans," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign, alluding to "other reforms that might be considered if they serve to lower costs, remove uncertainty and provide financial security for all Americans".

Trump also points to other areas, both administrative and legislative, wherein a Trump administration would move to lower healthcare costs and expand access to insurance and care. "Enforcing immigration laws, eliminating fraud and waste and energizing our economy will relieve the economic pressures felt by every American," Trump said, calling his immigration proposals part of "the moral responsibility of a nation's government."

"Providing healthcare to illegal immigrants costs us some $11 billion annually," Trump writes. "If we were to simply enforce the current immigration laws and restrict the unbridled granting of visas to this country, we could relieve healthcare cost pressures on state and local governments."

"To reform healthcare in America, we need a president who has the leadership skills, will and courage to engage the American people and convince Congress to do what is best for the country," Trump concludes. "These straightforward reforms, along with many others I have proposed throughout my campaign, will ensure that together we will Make America Great Again."

I don't know enough about the US health care system to really comment but from a complete outsider perspective it does not seem half bad.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 02:19:16 PM
So, people with mental health issues are saying that Jung is wrong. Hmm.  :hmm:

So we'd probably be more up to date with the correct shit. Besides #fightthestigma I had depression, I don't anymore.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Habbaku

Quote from: Legbiter on March 03, 2016, 02:23:51 PM
Mitt Romney delivers a rousing boost to Trump's campaign.  :lol:

:huh:  Something is wrong with you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien