Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on February 19, 2016, 12:08:12 PM
I am constantly puzzled by people who are puzzled by his mass appeal.

I'm puzzled that he's able to sell his message despite a lifetime of interviews with the press that contradict it. If he was some unknown railing against Muslims, Mexicans and the establishment it'd be different.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Apparently Sanders is now participating in Dems Abroad townhall this weekend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2016, 10:16:58 AM
Who are all these people voting for him anyway?

QuoteYou've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Martinus

I am really looking forward to Trump vs. Sanders right now, because you guys are so insufferably elitist.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 19, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
I am really looking forward to Trump vs. Sanders right now, because you guys are so insufferably elitist.

:lol:

Are we currently communicating with bizarro world Marti?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Whereas your insufferability is unrelated to your elitism?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2016, 05:23:32 PM

:lol:

Are we currently communicating with bizarro world Marti?

I think there is a possibility that Marty lacks all self-awareness.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

katmai

Aren't we all small compared to you Inbreeding Icelanders? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

QuoteRepublican presidential candidate Donald Trump just called for a boycott of Apple in light of the company's reluctance to help authorities hack into the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino shooters.

"Apple ought to give the security for that phone, OK?" Trump said at a rally in Pawley's Island, South Carolina, on Friday.

"What I think you ought to do is boycott Apple until such time as they give that security number. How do you like that? I just thought of it. Boycott Apple!"

Earlier in the day, the Justice Department filed a new motion saying Apple must comply with the government demands.

The FBI wants the tech giant to create software letting law enforcement to access data on a work phone used by Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the attackers in the December shooting at a San Bernardino, California, community center.

Earlier this week, Apple CEO Tim Cook posted an open letter on Apple's website calling the demand "chilling" and arguing that it "would undermine the very freedoms and liberty our government is meant to protect."

"First of all, the phone's not even owned by this young thug that killed all these people," Trump said, noting that Farook worked for the county government in California. "The phone's owned by the government, OK? Not even his phone — we don't even have to go that far."

Trump soon added more fuel to the fire on Twitter:

Law-enforcement officials haven't been able to get past the locking feature on Farook's iPhone, which is equipped with a security feature that erases the phone's data after too many unsuccessful passcode attempts.

The motion filed by the Justice Department said Apple's refusal to unlock the phone "appears to be based on its concern for its business model and public brand marketing strategy," according to The New York Times.

"Rather than assist the effort to fully investigate a deadly terrorist attack by obeying this court's [order], Apple has responded by publicly repudiating that order," prosecutors wrote in the filing.

The San Bernardino attack killed 14 people.

Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, who both died in a shootout with police, claimed they carried out the attack on the behalf of the terrorist group ISIS (also known as the Islamic State).

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-boycott-apple-2016-2

I heard about this on CNN and looked into it, fully expecting The Donald to be a dumbass.  But so far it looks like Apple is being the dumbass.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2016, 10:16:58 AM
Who are all these people voting for him anyway?

I found out this week that one of my cousins is a Trump supporter.  I was beginning to think that Trump supporters didn't actually exist, and the media was just making them up.

celedhring

Couple friends from when I lived in NYC are Trump supporters. They are the quintessential Obama-hating, right-wing meme posting, "'Murica Fuck Yeah" people. Very nice people in person, mind.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2016, 06:24:29 PMI heard about this on CNN and looked into it, fully expecting The Donald to be a dumbass.  But so far it looks like Apple is being the dumbass.

How is Apple being the dumbass?

Admiral Yi