And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2016, 09:53:56 PM
Has this been mentioned yet?

Quote(CNN)Donald Trump on Wednesday accused Sen. Ted Cruz of stealing the Iowa caucuses, calling for either new voting there or the results to be nullified.
So he's doubling down on the petulance. First the debate, now the caucus results. How Presidential.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on February 03, 2016, 10:33:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2016, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 03, 2016, 06:35:09 PM
Raz is the new Tim, apparently.

Got it from Skip.  If Reason articles keep appearing on my facebook wall, I'm going to post the choicest ones here.  "Millennials like Bernie Sanders and Donald J. Trump because they're delusional." was not my line, it was the byline on the Facebook link.

And because you got it from Scip, that excuses you from pulling a Tim and posting an article without any serious commentary?  What about the Breitbart articles you vomit up?  Is your posting of them someone else's fault, too?

Normally I don't put any commentary. I think it a bit trite.  All I said here was express my glee at such a silly article. And really I don't post a lot of articles here.  I know this is your ox being gored here, but don't be mad at me.  I didn't write it, or create a magazine devoted to such nonsense and give it the cringe-worthy name, "Reason".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

My criticism of your antics has nothing to do with you posting articles from certain places, but that you post them without any serious commentary a la Tim.  You'd realize that if you read what I wrote rather than reading what you want to think I wrote.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2016, 09:53:56 PM
Has this been mentioned yet?

I guess claiming a conspiracy against him is one straw he can grasp to regain momentum.

QuoteCruz himself teased Trump on Twitter early Wednesday afternoon, suggesting his rival become a Democrat and linking to one of his anti-Trump ads.

"Bernie is contesting #IA results. Maybe Donald should go back to IA & join the Ds. Bet they'd love #TrumpCare," Cruz tweeted.

My God. Like high school boys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Monoriu

celedhring

Think somebody posted it before, but yeah, Sophisticated Trump is great  :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 03, 2016, 07:23:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2016, 05:44:47 PM
Hehe.  I love the libertarians.

Millennials like Bernie Sanders and Donald J. Trump because they're delusional.

They are correct though that libertarianism has no tangible support among GOP primary voters.  All the candidates remaining are hawkish on foreign policy and hawkish on law and order, except for gun rights.  Even on economics, Cruz is really the only one running unabashedly and credibly on a shrink-the-state platform, but even he is emphasizing his social conservatism in the race.  The GOP primary candidates got the message and are keeping their "government hands" off the voters' social security.

While I am not a fan of libertarian ideology and while Rand Paul made a good run at being my least favorite candidate in the primaries (a very competitive race this year) I don't think the weakness of that faction is a big positive.  Libertarians could usually be counted on to defend civil liberties, and civil liberties are under threat.  The rhetorical bidding contest between Trump, Christie, Cruz and Rubio to slight those liberties is not pleasant to watch.

I think you need to follow Raz's lead, and focus on what is important - hating "Libertarians" no matter what policy position they might hold.

They are all racists, after all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Sophisticated Trump sounds like Shere Khan.

Berkut

If Kasich wins New Hampshire, can that give him enough exposure to start being seriously considered as an alternative to Rubio in the "not fucking bonkers" Republican primary?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2016, 09:39:41 AM
If Kasich wins New Hampshire, can that give him enough exposure to start being seriously considered as an alternative to Rubio in the "not fucking bonkers" Republican primary?

Yes.