2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2016, 06:37:31 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2016, 06:15:07 AM
The pyramids acted as a granary in every city in one version.

Apparently was the case in Civ II and III.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Pyramids

:yes: I thought of Civ2 immediately when I read that.
Which also came out around the time he made those remarks.  :hmm:

Martinus

Yeah. Pyramids as a granary immediately brought Civ to my mind.

Martinus

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 23, 2016, 08:23:22 AM
So apparently some guy on SNL is in deep doo doo over a joke a said about transgender peeps and Democrats losing the election?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/23/colin-jost-faces-furious-backlash-after-transgender-joke-on-saturday-night-live/

Those people sound like they just don't like the joke. Which I guess is fair enough but not really something that I'd want to waste effort getting annoyed about...beyond the extent it feeds into the false narrative of blaming the left for not do enough to be inclusive towards the posited child-like Republican and independent voters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2016, 08:30:04 AM
the revolution is eating their own

Except all groups do that. The right also eats itself.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on November 23, 2016, 06:48:51 AM
In other news: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/hillary-clinton-election-vote-recount-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin

Thoughts?
Sounds like a load of shit and classical cherrypicking.  You can't make any conclusions about the impact of voting machines on results before you control for a bunch of other factors, and I've heard not a single mention of it.  By that logic, you should investigate the voting machines in urban precincts, those seem to give you extremely disproportional Democratic vote counts in every single state.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2016, 08:29:43 AM
Those people sound like they just don't like the joke. Which I guess is fair enough but not really something that I'd want to waste effort getting annoyed about...beyond the extent it feeds into the false narrative of blaming the left for not do enough to be inclusive towards the posited child-like Republican and independent voters.

Lol, child-like.  As if we were the ones that need safe spaces, coloring books and play-doh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 23, 2016, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2016, 08:29:43 AM

Lol, child-like.  As if we were the ones that need safe spaces, coloring books and play-doh.

Well that is what the narrative that says the left should have pandered more to angry whites supposes.

Also, I seem to recall Trump calling for safe places.

saskganesh

Quote from: derspiess on November 23, 2016, 09:35:40 AM
Yes. And that's why they created Fox News.
humans were created in their own image

Legbiter

It's interesting that the median age of Fox viewers is 68.  :hmm:

QuoteIn fact, Fox's impending crisis really has nothing to do with Ailes. It's a crisis faced by other news networks as well, but Fox most of all: Its average viewer is extremely old.

The median age of a primetime Fox News viewer is 68, according to Nielsen. That means half of the channel's viewers are older than 68.

http://qz.com/738346/fox-newss-biggest-problem-isnt-the-ailes-ouster-its-that-its-average-viewer-is-a-dinosaur/

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Every old person I know has it on nonstop at their house.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 23, 2016, 10:25:17 AM
Every old person I know has it on nonstop at their house.

What a surprise that you know terrible old people.

celedhring

News networks exceedingly skew towards old age. It happens in the Spanish market too.