2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2016, 11:47:17 AM
Worst?  What worst?  It'll just be another shell bouncing off the hull.  And what will he do?  The same thing he's always done, in life and in this campaign, even last night:  it's Jim Jones-David Koresh-Hitler-at-the-bunker bullshit, in a take-everybody-with-me a flurry of you-will-all-pay fury.

So somebody files a child rape case against him.  Big deal.  He'll just do a mountain of Tony Montana dat's-good-chit-mang coke, threaten all those around him and, I dunno, release a sex tape of him giving cuckhold creampies to all of Bill Clinton's former accusers  I CAN SATISFY YOUR WOMEN WHEN YOU CANT

He is losing. Signs increasingly point to badly. Shells aren't bouncing off the hull; the ship is going down and the republican party is abandoning ship.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/10/clinton-trump-pence-campaign-heated-presidential-debate-live?page=with:block-57fbc93ee4b05d0e1cc5c8bb#block-57fbc93ee4b05d0e1cc5c8bb

Quote's further on the revolt by some Republicans at the leadership's perceived abandonment of the presidential nominee, via AP:

Conservative House Republicans have complained to House Speaker Paul Ryan that he and other party leaders are being too negative about presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The comments came in a conference call Monday. Two people involved in the call said California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher called Republican leaders "cowards" and said they must stop their defeatist attitude about Trump's chances.

Another person involved in the call said the head of the Republicans campaign organization, Greg Walden of Oregon, noted that Trump's poll numbers have been falling since his first debate with Hillary Clinton. The person said Walden said he expects even more erosion in Trump's numbers now.

The people on the call spoke on condition of anonymity because the call was private.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on October 10, 2016, 12:20:22 PM
Dana Rohrabacher

Hmm, I didn't really know that "Dana" is also a male name in English. I had so far only associated it with females. :blush:

Valmy

Dana has been a supporter of Russia in Ukraine. Interesting he is mentioned by name in this context.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on October 10, 2016, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 10, 2016, 12:20:22 PM
Dana Rohrabacher

Hmm, I didn't really know that "Dana" is also a male name in English. I had so far only associated it with females. :blush:

I've learned that from MacGuyver's credits which featured Dana Elcar:

:blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

I guess I based my assumption on Dana Scully. :P

frunk

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 10, 2016, 12:21:41 PM
And from the desk of Warren Buffett:

I figured we'd see a response pretty soon.

The attack on Buffett was bizarre.  The more he goes over after people in business with better reputations and track records, the more it undermines his successful businessman story.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2016, 01:37:05 PM
Clinton up +14 in the NBC/WSJ head-to-head  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/poll-after-trump-tape-revelation-clinton-s-lead-double-digits-n663691

Only +11 in the 4-way  :blush:

Is this where derspeiss tells us that Trump is imploding? Because if it is, I think he is right. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

At this point I am convinced that Trump could go ahead and just grab somebody's crotch on live television and still win Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

FLA, NC, and Ohio are still well within reach.  PA is a bigger reach at this point but there have been some rapid swings in this campaign and there is still plenty of time left.  HC is a tough campaigner when under pressure but has a track record of falling into a funk and playing crappy prevent defense when well ahead.

Hers to lose now but she could pull it off :(
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2016, 12:07:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2016, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2016, 11:22:42 AM
Maybe I'm naive and assume if one candidate points out, in a forthright way, just how off the wall another candidate is, then some of his supporters will come to their senses and realise just how unsuitable for office he is, yet still a solid 40% back him.  :hmm:

Mongers, for fuck's sake:  his supporters are an entire generation of GOPers, conspiracy theorists, misogynists, these-colors-don't-run patriotards raised in the FoxNews/talk radio/blogosphere bubble hating all things/everything Clinton since 1992.  And you expect the very target of their hatred to convince them that their Captain Ahab is crazy? 

This.  For about 25 years she has been a national hate figure.  You have voters who have known nothing but Hillary Hate.  The right's fixation on her back in the 1990's was weird.  It's still weird.  Just take for an example something Trump said last night.  It's Hillary's fault that Trump paid no federal income tax for two decades.  She should have fixed it 30 years ago he said.  Because apparently, that's what the wife of the governor of Arkansas is suppose to do: change federal tax law.

I really loved blaming her for not doing anything on healthcare. Really, you want to blame Hillary Clinton for not trying for healthcare reform?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.