2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Also

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/07/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate-prep-election-2016

Quote'No, This Is Not Trump's Misogyny As Usual. It's An Attempt To Justify Sexual Assault.'

Donald Trump's misogyny has become so widely recognized that when new sexually profane comments surfaced this afternoon, many expressed mock shock that he would say such things.

But don't write off Donald Trump's latest sexually profane comments as the same old misogyny - we should be shocked. This is not the same old stuff as usual from him.

In a conversation with Billy Bush captured as part of a taped interview for Access Hollywood, Trump said something suggesting he's entitled to women's bodies. "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women - I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet," he said in the audio published by NBC. "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab 'em by the pussy."

While it's been noted that Trump's a lifelong misogynist, his poor treatment of women has been the one constant value of his over time. He's called women "slobs," "dogs" and "fat pigs," and dismissed Megyn Kelly as a "bimbo" with "blood coming out of her ... wherever." Last week he practically had a meltdown when his bad behavior following a former Miss Universe's weight gain was pointed out.

Up until now, however, he's never said anything that so closely resembles and outright endorsement of sexual assault - that's what it's called when you grab a woman's crotch uninvited.

Trump's insistence that his physical advances on women are desired and justified no matter what the circumstance should sound familiar.

In July Jill Harth, Trump's former business partner who accused him of sexual assault explained in an interview with the Guardian that she believed Trump felt entitled to assault her. It's an allegation she first formally alleged in a 1997 lawsuit, and though she eventually dropped the suit, she's stood her story for the last 20 years, recounting it to this summer in a taped interview in Guardian's New York offices.

That's where she explained that one time Trump did, essentially, grab her crotch. "He had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again," Harth told me in the video, adding: "He was aggressive and he has a sense of entitlement and he thinks everyone is in love with him."

That last bit sounds a lot like the newly surfaced 2005 comment that "when you're a star ... you can do anything" you want to women.

Trump has denied Harth's allegations, alleging in July that "she was in love with me" and has "real problems."

Late this afternoon, Trump came what may be the closest he has all election to issuing an apology. Don't mistake it for one. "This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course - not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended," he said in a statement published shortly after this disturbing 2005 comments surfaced.

But trying to explain the incident away by saying it took place "many years ago," is a nonstarter - so did the alleged incident with Harth but that doesn't make it okay. And as Slate's Frank Foer has ably pointed out, if there's one way of being most apparent across Trump's life, it's his poor treatment of women. That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

Launching into an attack against Bill Clinton while saying you "apologize if anyone was offended" doesn't cut it even come close to cutting it: It's not an apology but a criticism of anyone thin-skinned enough to be offended by his entitlement to any woman's pussy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
All the other shit Trump has said and done though, but a 10 year old tape about him wanting to sleep around and using vulgar language hardly even registers.

Trump's campaign to become a living saint just ended.  :hmm:

But this will not be effective in stopping Trump from becoming POTUS because most forms of this type of talking are by now baked into the cake. Same way that whatever new Clinton foundation/email stuff won't dent Hillary. You'd need something that killed Trump's tough guy image, like, say, a video of him crying while reading Anna Karenina.  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on October 07, 2016, 05:08:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
All the other shit Trump has said and done though, but a 10 year old tape about him wanting to sleep around and using vulgar language hardly even registers.

Trump's campaign to become a living saint just ended.  :hmm:

But this will not be effective in stopping Trump from becoming POTUS because most forms of this type of talking are by now baked into the cake. Same way that whatever new Clinton foundation/email stuff won't dent Hillary. You'd need something that killed Trump's tough guy image, like, say, a video of him crying while reading Anna Karenina.  ^_^

I always thought what would end up sinking The God Emperor would be calling Hillary a cunt during the debates. This was awfully close  :lol:

I have to hand it to the Clintons... they know exactly when to twist the knife.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 07, 2016, 05:13:07 PM

I always thought what would end up sinking The God Emperor would be calling Hillary a cunt during the debates. This was awfully close  :lol:

That reminds me when is that town hall debate?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on October 07, 2016, 05:16:13 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 07, 2016, 05:13:07 PM

That reminds me when is that town hall debate?

This Sunday. I hope Trump prepares this time  :cry:

Just realized it's only Oct 7. The Clintons must have much, much worse stuff on Donnie  :lol: :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 07, 2016, 05:21:29 PMThis Sunday. I hope Trump prepares this time  :cry:

It should be glorious. :thumbsup:

Kek, thy will be done.

Admiral Yi

What skin color do y'all think Donnie will go with?

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2016, 05:34:03 PM
What skin color do y'all think Donnie will go with?

black to get the black vote

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 07, 2016, 05:21:29 PM
This Sunday. I hope Trump prepares this time  :cry:

Oh, let's not and say we did.

QuotePolitico: Trump blows off debate tune-up

This was not the debate tune-up that jittery Republicans were hoping for.

Only days before Donald Trump must face Hillary Clinton in a town-hall style presidential debate, the GOP nominee added just such an event in New Hampshire. It was seemingly a concession to anxious allies and advisers hoping he might hone his skills in what can be a difficult format even for the most dexterous of politicians.

Trump had other plans. "They were saying this is practice for Sunday," he told the crowd in speech before the so-called town-hall. "This isn't practice. This has nothing to do with Sunday."

He wasn't wrong.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-town-hall-debate-prep-229267

QuoteJust realized it's only Oct 7. The Clintons must have much, much worse stuff on Donnie  :lol: :lol:

It's like being a modern Fire Support Officer with the entire spectrum of the United States' arsenal at your disposal, a wealth of means and delivery systems never seen before in the history of warfare, and watching your targets keep stepping on their own landmines.

CountDeMoney

Seriously, though;  what does this say about Billy Bush?   :(

CountDeMoney

I don't know, the thing is HOLY SHIT

WikiLeaks release reveals Clinton Wall Street speech excerpts     *****     WikiLeaks release reveals Clinton Wall Street speech excerpts     *****     WikiLeaks release reveals Clinton Wall Street speech excerpts
QuoteBy Kyle Cheney and Sarah Wheaton
10/07/16 06:39 PM EDT
Updated 10/07/16 06:39 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton's advisers appear to have emailed to each other partial transcripts of her closed-door paid speeches and highlighted the most potentially damaging portions, according to a message exchange posted by Wikileaks on Friday.

The email quotes Clinton as describing to a Goldman Sachs-Black Rock event in 2014 her distance from middle-class Americans.

"My father loved to complain about big business and big government, but we had a solid middle class upbringing. We had good public schools. We had accessible health care. We had our little, you know, one-family house that, you know, he saved up his money, didn't believe in mortgages. So I lived that," she said in the speech. "And now, obviously, I'm kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven't forgotten it."

The messages are included in a trove of emails allegedly hacked from top Clinton aide John Podesta's personal email. The revelations are likely to add fuel to Republican arguments that Clinton is too close to Wall Street.

The speech excerpts also delve into her support for a Canadian-style universal health care system, her "dream" for "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders."

Wikileaks, headed by Julian Assange, announced that the emails include communications on nuclear energy and "media handling over donations to the Clinton Foundation from mining and nuclear interests." It also includes correspondence with Clinton herself.

It's the latest document dump by Wikileaks that appears aimed at damaging Democrats in the final sensitive weeks before the November election, just as Clinton appeared to be seizing momentum in polls after a debate victory in late September.

The disclosure also came just minutes after embarrassing audio of Donald Trump's comments on sexually taking advantage of women was posted by the Washington Post. It also came as the Obama administration asserted confidence that Russia was behind the leak of sensitive election documents and attempts to meddle in the U.S. election season.

In the speech excerpts, Clinton-allied researchers flagged her positive remarks about the Keystone XL Pipeline and trade, made well before she came out against the pipeline and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton told a Brazilian bank in 2013. She added, "We have to resist, protectionism, other kinds of barriers to market access."

An aide flagged these remarks as sounding "Pro-Keystone": "Keystone is a contentious issue, and of course it is important on both sides of the border for different and sometimes opposing reasons, but that is not our relationship." The Huffington Post has reported that the June 2014 speech to tinePublic, Inc., was among several speeches with ties to two Canadian banks with a financial interest in the oil project.

My God.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 07, 2016, 07:27:52 PM
Monstrous.

Yeah, just the tip of the iceberg and it's only a matter of time before they uncover the real story between her and Wall Street, just like they did with Whitewater Vince Foster Benghazi Servergate everything else..