2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2016, 07:28:56 AM
Sound a bit desperate. If they go all in on this why wouldn't Clinton respond with the rape accusations that have been mad against Trump?

Because she wants to be president and such behavior is unbecoming?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Clinton is too smart to crawl down at his level.

Doesn't mean she doesn't have lackeys who can do it for her, of course.

I think Trump trying to bring up fidelity is not a great play.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on September 29, 2016, 08:35:34 AM
I think Trump trying to bring up fidelity is not a great play.

You'd think so, but he doesn't think that.  The gender rules are different. To him, male infidelity is a badge of honor, an entitlement, another example of his supreme virility and masculinity.  For Clinton, being a victim of infidelity is a weakness, a moral failing as a wife.

derspiess

The knock on Clinton is not that she tolerated Bill's infidelity, but that she enabled a sexual predator and allegedly threatened his victims.

She's got a little bit of a double-standard going herself.  A few months ago she said all rape victims should be believed.  So why doesn't she believe Juanita Broaddrick?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
The knock on Clinton is not that she tolerated Bill's infidelity, but that she enabled a sexual predator and allegedly threatened his victims.

She's got a little bit of a double-standard going herself.  A few months ago she said all rape victims should be believed.  So why doesn't she believe Juanita Broaddrick?

You're right. Clinton's campaign will collapse.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

John Warner, six time GOP senator for Virginia has endorsed Clinton.

https://youtu.be/PVVy7NNw97w?t=78
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 29, 2016, 09:45:59 AM

You're right. Clinton's campaign will collapse.

:thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grinning_Colossus

As a normative statement, there's nothing controversial about saying that all rape victims should be believed. It's not quite the same thing as saying that all rape accusers should be believed.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

I just downloaded my ballot and saw that I can vote for Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as the candidate for the Women's Equality, Democratic or Working Families party. So many choices!

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2016, 10:41:07 AM
I just downloaded my ballot and saw that I can vote for Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as the candidate for the Women's Equality, Democratic or Working Families party. So many choices!
:huh:

What does that mean?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 29, 2016, 11:23:08 AM
What does that mean?

It means all those parties have chosen those people as their candidates.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2016, 10:41:07 AM
:huh:

What does that mean?

Electoral Fusion, baby! (Only learned that term when trying to find a blurb about it).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fusion#New_York

Quotetoday, fusion as conventionally practiced remains legal in only eight states, namely:

California (Presidential elections only)
Connecticut
Delaware
Idaho
Mississippi
New York
Oregon
South Carolina
Vermont

Also an article explaining 'benefits' of fusion.

http://rangevoting.org/Fusion.html

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2016, 11:27:46 AM
What does that mean?

It means all those parties have chosen those people as their candidates.

Ah... so you can vote for Clinton as a show of support for the Women's Equality party. How does the Women's equality party benefit from this?