And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 11:07:38 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 10, 2016, 11:04:42 AM
I love that she went out and said it. Everybody else, even some Republicans, are thinking it.

Of course they are.  The sad part is, none of them have the balls to say it.

My opinion: she's pulling a Mitterand in the 80's. Piss off the far right enough and they create their own party. It splits the right. Forces traditional right party to join forces with new nazi party for elections. Stigma and scandals ensue. The left is in better shape for a generation. The Senate especially could turn Democratic for 20 years. Until nazi party is finally invited to the debates. Media attention erodes. And they finally take over the main right party. Their rhetoric aligns. That's when the country loses.

CountDeMoney

lol, and coming from a Murders & Acquisitions corporate lawyer, of all people. 
That's like Ted Bundy bitching about equal pay in the workplace.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2016, 09:21:28 AM
It would be great if they could actually link her email use to some actual harm rather than just a hypothetical.

Every single argument against Trump is a hypothetical. You know that, right?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 11:21:44 AM
It would be great if they could actually link her email use to some actual harm rather than just a hypothetical.

:lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2016, 11:15:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 02:15:10 AM
But the general "cheat to win" and "anything goes" attitude that is beginning to take hold is rather ugly.

I can only presume you have been living under a rock on mars blindfolded with cotton stuck in your ears for the past 200 years. Or I guess not living in the US and having a complete and pathetic ignorance of our history and culture but despite that continually and tiresomely lecturing us about it.

In any case let the record show she voted to reform the system. It was Hans and his people who forced 'money is free speech' and 'corporations are people' as basic political principles. And you call us intellectually dishonest.

You misunderstood me. I am not talking about the system. I am talking about Clinton's supporters (you, Seedee and Tim included) really spinning the shit out of stories to attack Trump while ignoring similarly damaging stories about Clinton. Not that the right is any better.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 11:21:44 AM

He posted policies on his website. He has mentioned them in speeches. I read them all during the primaries and they are all disastrous.

I have mentioned them several times. You have never once ever bothered to counter any of them but retreat constantly to bullshit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 11:23:33 AM
I am talking about Clinton's supporters (you, Seedee and Tim included) really spinning the shit out of stories to attack Trump while ignoring similarly damaging stories about Clinton. Not that the right is any better.

I have never seriously attacked Trump. I have no beef with him personally. Yes I joke about him being the USFL murderer but come on I was obviously joking.

I simply think his ideas are disastrous. I have criticized Clinton but ultimately I think her ideas are sound and I think she will do a good job. The Clintons were operating the gray areas in the 90s. I have mentioned this many times. Any time you want to produce something solid to counter that would be great.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 09:27:44 AMThere's no There there.

Don't you find it odd that during the four years she was in office, she used 13 different mobile devices (not counting 5 iPads), some of them in parallel, to read work emails? And that's after she tried to argue that what she did was to simplify the communication and limit the number of devices she is using.

Even that pro-Trump anti-Clinton hatchet man, Stephen Colbert, thinks this is off (the part starts around 6:40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyEGP0FhcQ

Hell, I work for a law firm and I would be pretty much breaking every rule if I used my personal email for work related stuff. I would imagine working for the government should be subject to much greater security measures.

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 10, 2016, 12:39:45 AMHe's consistent
"Make Russia great again"

when north dakota and russian interests were wed :Embarrass:

Legbiter

I love that she went out and said it. Everybody else, even some Republicans, are thinking it.

Eh, sounds like Cruz in his campaign's dying days.  :hmm:

I can just picture some ridiculously overpaid campaign consultant sitting at a table going; "Hey guys I think I got it, what if we call Trump supporters, like, racist."
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on September 10, 2016, 12:02:44 PM

Eh, sounds like Cruz in his campaign's dying days.  :hmm:

I can just picture some ridiculously overpaid campaign consultant sitting at a table going; "Hey guys I think I got it, what if we call Trump supporters, like, racist."

Trump's campaign is gonna implode any moment now. :yes:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 11:29:16 AM
Don't you find it odd that during the four years she was in office, she used 13 different mobile devices (not counting 5 iPads), some of them in parallel, to read work emails? And that's after she tried to argue that what she did was to simplify the communication and limit the number of devices she is using.

Knowing what I know about working with senior level executives, from Chiefs of Police to CEOs to SES Feds, no I am not surprised.  # of devices = size of staff.  Not all of her staff is, was or even could realistically be expected to with her all the time.  She's got the Executive Office staff at State.  She has her personal staff.  Nor is she going to have the same device with her all the time anyway:  one for the office at State, one back home at Chateau Clinton, one for the Boeing.  It's her staff that needs to be wired, not her.  Here, Huma, hold this.

Oh, and you failed to mention that the FBI reported how she often reverted to an older, earlier model of a device because she was "more comfortable" with it. You know, like an old person.

You don't honestly believe that, just because you carry around your communication device all the time, that somebody like Hillary Clinton--the former First Lady of the state of Arkansas, former First Lady of the United States, 2-term United States senator from New York, and the Secretary of State--a woman who hasn't driven her own car in over 25 years, who has been surrounded by staffers dealing with the little details of life since the early 1980s, and has, by all accounts, managed to keep up with teh intrawebs at the same pace as my mother--does?  C'mon, man.

QuoteHell, I work for a law firm and I would be pretty much breaking every rule if I used my personal email for work related stuff. I would imagine working for the government should be subject to much greater security measures.

The stuff 11B, Otto, funkmonk and the rest of America's Finest Institutionalized Welfare Queens deal with is a lot more hardcore than the unclassified fluff she dealt with personally.  The "greater security measures" are dealt with by her staff.

People are forgetting that all the classified SHIT JUST GOT REAL stuff she dealt with was handled on the classified system, or in person. They find any emails from [email protected] yet?  No?  Gee, I wonder why.

FunkMonk

I for one cannot wait for all the hilarious security breaches and general incompetence coming out of the incoming Trump administration. Should be fun.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Seems like she regrets saying it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I don't dislike that she said it...but it just doesn't seem all that useful at this point. Win the White House then point it out in Nov.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.